Find
Notify
Tools

new fees
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Argentina Levies New "Reciprocity Fee" For Certain Travelers

Beginning this Sunday, December 20, 2009, the Government of Argentina will begin charging all US and Canadian citizens an entry fee upon arriving in Argentina. The fee applies to business and tourism travelers and will be collected by Argentine Immigration officials at the Buenos Aires Ezeiza International Airport.

The new fee is the result of a decree signed by the president of Argentina requiring a "reciprocity fee" from nationals of countries that charge Argentine citizens a visa fee. (Argentina does not require visas for business and tourism travel.) US citizens must now pay $131 to enter the country, while Canadians will be charged $70. For Canadians, the fee must be paid each time the person enters Argentina. Americans are allowed multiple entries into Argentina for 10 years. These policies are reciprocal to the visa policies of Canada and the US respectively.

The fees may be paid in Argentine pesos, US dollars or by credit card or travelers checks. For more information, visit the web site for the Argentine Immigration Office or see the Warden's Message posted to the web site of the US Embassy and Consulate.

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
OUTRAGEOUS.....they seem to forget how many dollars US hunters bring into their economy each year. I thought Chile was bad....$100.00 there. This, on top of the entry fees for firearms (100 per gun last I heard), brings the entry cost up. Mad middlefinger I guess the same will apply entering through Cordoba.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
okay, maybe we just don't go there to hunt after all, and let them know why.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
okay, maybe we just don't go there to hunt after all, and let them know why.

Rich

Typical of a government trying hard to scratch out a buck any way they can. Without regard to the tourist and hunter dollars that contribute so much to their economy. So be it; I will still continue to return. Roll Eyes

Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree about the so called government. Now, abo stir ut the fees....they are exactly reciprocating, to the last digit, what USA, Canada and others charge us, Argentine citizens.

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nainital:
I agree about the so called government. Now, abo stir ut the fees....they are exactly reciprocating, to the last digit, what USA, Canada and others charge us, Argentine citizens.

Did not know that....it makes sense....

Theodore Roosevelt

One of Us
Picture of Guillermo Amestoy
posted Hide Post
We know where the money will go.....
but as Ricardo said.. Yes, this is what I paid for my USA tourist Visa, valid for 5 years, and I spend a lot of money in Florida last time. Guille.

"Every ignored reallity prepares its revenge!"

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Akshooter
posted Hide Post
Fair is fair, When I went to Argentina it did'nt cost me a dime to get in. I don't know but I bet the citazens of Argentina were paying for a visa to come to the U.S. back then. They probably have some catching up to do.

In my perfect world we would all just come and go as we pleased and there would be no such thing as terrorisum because it would be stopped by any number of private citazens who would be carrying a concialed handgun.
Why do you suppose it is that all these attacks take place on planes,schools or on an army base?

OK how did I turn this topic into Terrorisum?

Sorry guys I hope I make it back down again some day, I left a lot of hunting un done the last time and being the carnavor that I am I'm looking forward to the seamingly all meat meals and the ladys of Argentina present the finest eye candy of anywere I have ever been.

No the $131.00 won't be keeping me away.

DRSS
NRA life
AK Master Guide 124

Posts: 1562 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote