Find
Notify
Tools

Free range Argentine red deer.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted
A long time friend and I are interested in a free range red deer hunt where there is a good chance at a decent stag. No SCI world beaters are necessary, just a good stag. No high fence. Period. May be able to add on time for black buck in a free range state if available with a transfer in location.

We do not have to have 5 star accommodations and meals.

Any suggestions?

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1806 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
We hunt in Quehue area totally free range .Of course free range stags are totally different from closed fence stags that have New Zealand blood ,and they are improved genetically .Our guide is one of the oldest guides of LA PAMPA sepecialized in stags only.

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Pulicords
posted Hide Post
I had a very good experience hunting "free range" red stags during the "roar" this past April at Poithue in Las Pampas. About 37,000 acres of property and I didn't see any high fences where I was. Except for the rain (not much anyone could do about that), the hunting was great with lots of stags around. In addition to a good representative stag, I took a very nice (white) fallow deer buck.

Here's my review: http://forums.accuratereloadin...4107165/m/1991059791

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Tanzania 2012: http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/8331015971
Saskatoon, Canada 2013: http://forums.accuratereloadin...4121043/m/7171030391
Las Pampas, Argentina 2014: http://forums.accuratereloadin...4107165/m/1991059791

Posts: 260 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: 19 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info guys.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1806 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of IH
posted Hide Post
Hi,
This year me and family got opportunity to hunt red deer, La Pampa is the place where you can get good quality deer, CazaPampa hunting range comprising over 70k acres with low fencing for domasticted cattles having lot of good quality trophy (gold, silver and bronze) of deer, black buck, fallow deer, puma, mufflon sheep etc,, beautiful camp very nice people and above all hospitality is unmatchable.

Posts: 192 | Location: Pakistan | Registered: 14 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
IH thank you for the info, sounds like your family had a great time.

One of Us
Picture of IH
posted Hide Post
Yes Sir, me, my twin son age 7 and wife enjoyed alot and for me as a trophy collector got an opportunity to collect gold class red stag, world ranking Moufflon and Puma, it was mine lucky year!!

Posts: 192 | Location: Pakistan | Registered: 14 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post
We hunted free-range red stag with Caza Pampa in the height of the roar and it was as exciting as any hunt we've done. You won't find big stags on the free-range portion of the ranch (they also offer high-fence stags)but there are loads of stags in the low-fence area and the action is incredible. We will definitely go back.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 27 February 2008Reply With Quote