THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SOUTH AMERICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  South American Big Game Hunting    Buenos Aires hotel recommendations / tour suggestions wanted
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buenos Aires hotel recommendations / tour suggestions wanted
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My daughter and I are going on a hunt to Argentina this June for the first time. We will have about five full days and nights to enjoy Buenos Aires.

Where to stay?

What to do?

Thanks

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1848 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Hilton is very nice.

Posts: 259 | Location: Marietta, Georgia | Registered: 04 July 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
GunsCore, I too am heading to Buenos Aires and then Santa Rosa (May28-June 4). We have a long layover in BA and booked a day tour through Custom Travel Through Yojany after she was recommended by Travel With Guns. If you enjoy birds, contact Marcelo at Birding Buenos Aires. I will be spending a day with him. If you have not done it yet, go to Tripadvisor and look at the huge number of options under "things to do". Blake

Posts: 223 | Location: South Dakota, USA | Registered: 27 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nevada Wapati
posted Hide Post
My outfitter recommended the Intersur Recoleta Hotel. I'll be staying there in April.

https://www.intersurrecoleta.com.ar/en/

Posts: 385 | Location: Carson City | Registered: 17 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One choice: Avalar Palace.

One of Us
Picture of Bwana1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dahav:
One choice: Avalar Palace.

This…

Posts: 795 | Location: Vero Beach, Florida | Registered: 03 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think you guys mean Alvear. ???

Alvear has another property, called the Alvear Art Hotel, in the financial district. It's a more contemporary experience, with all the techno stuff and modern F&B offerings. It's the same company as the Alvear Palace and offers the same level of service. It's a little less expensive, too.

114-R10David

Posts: 1749 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Alvear is a classic place. Take in a classic tango show. Go see Casa Rosada (their White House), the Frigata. Check out some of the cathedrals and museums.

The food will be great, as well as the people.

Have fun, be safe.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all your input. I have booked at the Intersur Recoleta Hotel per Nevada Wapati's suggestion. Looks like the best bang for the buck and right in the middle of the Recoleta area.
I have a few Argentine tax clients and they tell me to take plenty of dollars and pay for everything in cash and to first go to the black market for dollar to peso exchange. The black market pays twice the official bank / credit card rate. We will be spending a total of 7 days and nights in Buenos Aires on this trip so really looking forward to experiencing the city.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1848 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nevada Wapati
posted Hide Post
You'll be happy with the Intersur Recolta. It's close to the cemetery, craft market, lots of restaurants, bars and shops in walking distance.

200 pesos to the dollar at the craft market.

Posts: 385 | Location: Carson City | Registered: 17 May 2009Reply With Quote