The Accurate Reloading Forums
Argentina Big Game

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/994107165/m/6481055452

08 October 2019, 07:47
Nevada Wapati
Argentina Big Game
I've suddenly got the itch to do some big game hunting in Argentina. Thinking Red Deer, Buffalo, Blackbuck and maybe a boar. I've contacted two outfitters that are offering specials and cancellation hunts.
Never hunted or been to Argentina, I'm seeking input and advice on what to look for and to avoid. I've heard that it is better to rent firearms there to avoid problems. Not planning on bringing trophies home. Too expensive and no room for more heads.
Thanks in advance for for your help.
08 October 2019, 12:29
DCS Member
I’ve spent a lot of time in Argentina hunting, vacationing, and working at a hunting lodge. What Milo said is pretty spot on.

I’ve shot a few stag a buffalo, but mostly birds. Due to export costs, I had my skulls bleached and they now hand around the lodge there. My father has brought back two shipments and they were expensive.

Also, be prepared for good food.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS
10 October 2019, 02:46
larryshores
You all missed a major point. Be prepared for too much food!
17 October 2019, 18:40
Whitworth
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
You all missed a major point. Be prepared for too much food!

Haha! You've got that right!

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"
19 October 2019, 16:04
Hunt Inter
Friends of mine recommend Santiago @ Southern Lodges.
20 October 2019, 18:26
Santiago_DM
If you are looking for a real Red Stag hunt you must first check which areas host good population of free range Red Stag.
The 2 main areas are the ancient Calden woods area in La Pampa & San Luis provinces, and the mountains location in Rio Negro & Neuquen provinces.
Look for these locations and you will find the bests ranches for red deer tags. Period.

Santiago DM
11 December 2019, 21:57
Camdog
I second the recommendation of Santiago at Southern Lodges. Been there twice with friends and family. Recommended a half dozen others.
02 February 2020, 05:22
zebrazapper
I’ve spent a fair amount of time in La Pampa for work and hunted there too. Many great estancias. Food and hospitality is superb.
09 February 2020, 21:44
Blacktailer
One of the best hunts Mrs Blacktailer and I have ever been on was a horseback hunt for free range red stag and fallow deer with Algar in Patagonia. Beautiful lodge accommodations in the Andes. If you go plan on spending a day or 2 in San Carlos de Bariloche as well as BA.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark
23 February 2020, 09:56
georgeld
WHAT? No one's mentioned

Dr. Juan Pozzi? He has a place
at La Pampa.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight
26 February 2020, 18:24
Toomany Tools
One thing I’d add is be prepared to make some life-long friends in Argentina.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!