New
Find
Notify
Tools

Uruguay reopens duck hunting
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just got an offer from Trek for a duck hunt near Chuy, along the border with Brazil. It seems that Uruguay will be reopening its duck hunting in 2021 after a 3 year hiatus. Have had excellent duck hunting experience in this part of Uruguay in the past. This is very good news.

Anybody know of other duck lodges in Uruguay opening for 2021?

114-R10David

Posts: 1749 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That’s great news.Some of the best duck shooting I’ve done anywhere in the world was in Chuy!
Who’s the outfitter that Trek is working with?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not sure who the outfitter is. Trek has been running duck hunts in the Chuy area in the past from the Fortin Lodge. This new offering will be from a smaller, 7 room lodge which looks quite nice.

My experience in this area mirrors yours. It ranks at the very top of my combined Argentina / Uruguay duck hunting experience.

114-R10David

Posts: 1749 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have done lots of duck hunting in Uruguay. Once in a fancy lodge but mostly with my Uruguayan brothers. The best of times with the company and the various waterfowl that we do not get up here in the Great White North..

Posts: 1532 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trek for a duck hunt near Chuy

I'm intrigued. I checked out the Trek website but didn't see anything written as far as folks being able to bring birds back for taxidermy. Can anyone speak to this, please? I've wanted to go to S. America for years for waterfowl but will pass if I can't being species back to add to my little collection of mounted birds...

TIA for any help.

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gari,
I would talk to Ramsey Russel,(a very nice guy)
at Get Ducks.com I believe, he will have your answers.
Best,
Butch

Posts: 558 | Location: texas | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Get Ducks.com

I'll check it out. Thanks, Butch.

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't think the ducks from Argentina can be brought back. I imagines these ducks are the same.

Posts: 11905 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote