Find
Notify
Tools

Is this a tough game animal to hunt?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of RobinOLocksley
posted
Forgive me if this sounds a bit cheeky for it is not. I am a bit intrigued.Is this Black faced Scottish sheep a game animal and difficult to hunt?

Found it on

http://www.goldenstagsafaris.com/photos/index.html

Thanks for your inputs.

Best-
Locksley,R

"Early in the morning, at break of day, in all the freshness and dawn of one's strength, to read a book - I call that vicious!"- Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 782 | Location: Sherwood Forest | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
For my money, the answers to the two questions are: NOPE stir

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Depends where you shoot it......it's much more challenging shot at the feeding trough rather than outside the shearing shed. dancing

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted Hide Post
they should have at least turned the camera angle so that the fence wasn't in the background.

I guess we should be glad it doesn't have a halter on.

Posts: 3628 | Location: cajun country | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RobinOLocksley:
Is this Black faced Scottish sheep a game animal and difficult to hunt?

Game animal ???? rotflmo

Poor foreign hunters Frowner

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I find it funny that it's the same "hunter" in almost every photo. He must have had one hell of a fat wallet(and not been real swift either, seeing how he posed with the shearing sheep). rotflmo

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He should be the owner or his best friend. Wink

Martin

Double Rifle Shooters Society member from Argentina.
My doubles:
.577 Snider by W.Richards.
.58" ML by Pedersoli

Posts: 358 | Location: Bahia Blanca - Argentina | Registered: 14 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
It is not so tough unless he charges, and then you have a problem. Baaaaa, baaaaa, and he comes so fast with that terrible scream that you are to shaken to take the shot. Next thing you know, you are up to your huevos in wool. animal

I will say this though, on the website this outfitter had some very nice animals on offer.
I am told that if you book now, you will also get the lady with the Puma for a nice evening; un poco Malbec, un poco costillas, quizas un poco mas..... sofa

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billinthewild:
It is not so tough unless he charges, and then you have a problem. Baaaaa, baaaaa, and he comes so fast with that terrible scream that you are to shaken to take the shot. Next thing you know, you are up to your huevos in wool. animal

(...)

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill,

I am impressed, couldn't have said it better myself.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
We got the second batch of Scots Highland sheep ever imported into the US, back in 1973. I have given them many many adjectives over the years but "game animal" has never been one of those choice words!

I wonder if the video of the hunt shows the guy banging on the 5 gallon bucket of corn right before he shoots.....

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted Hide Post
That is actually the second set of pictures. They forgot to remove the bell in the first set. jumping

Posts: 3628 | Location: cajun country | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
If you want challenge, forget about using a rifle, a bow, or even a spear.

Real men use........... scissors.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Question #1. How did the lipstick get on Dolly?
Question #2. Where is BBBrucie?
Question #3. Does anyone really want to know...

Posts: 3456 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 17 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
I'm impressed!*

*Assuming the guy pictured has one wooden leg and used his rifle to batter the ram to death after several hours of beer pong.

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Truly feral sheep , even those escaped from farms , are difficult to hunt in their own territory.

I have access to some ferals in a steep , pine forest and gorse-filled area , and whilst the sheep are nothing as trophies , by the time you have located them and crept into range , despatched the crittur ( if you are lucky ) and then retrieved the carcase , you have a whole new appreciation for dumb farm animals turned wild.

But then this isnt shooting in a small enclosure , or parting with cash for that priveledge....

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4456 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Muzza: you are right. It´s the same for hunting wild goats at Sierra de la Ventana. You must climb 1.000 meters or more of a difficult mountain and everything you charge is too much: clothes, gun, binos, etc. Your breath is lost, your heart beats too fast and you may miss a not too easy shot (these darned critters are always too far away). But that is not a true hunt, only difficult climbing, unless you take into consideration that a twisted ankle means you´ll remain there for a long, long time. Also there are snakes for spicing.
Alas, these are wild Spanish goats, not the black faced Scottish species.

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is the picture from the same production company that gave us the famous "White Ghost" video?

Wink

analog_peninsula
-----------------------

It takes character to withstand the rigors of indolence.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Dallas, Tx | Registered: 02 June 2006Reply With Quote