Find
Notify
Tools

Argentina honeymoon
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted
My fiance and I are thinking about honeymooning in Argentina. Originally, we had planned on going to Italy....but since our wedding is in January, we decided against it. Our main focus is touring the wine regions and eating great food....so we figured the southern hemisphere was a better choice for the wineries being open and better weather. We will not be doing any hunting on this trip.

We do not want to stay in a major city, or fall for the normal tourist traps. Any advice you guys can offer up regarding what region you think would be best to focus on would be much appreciated. We are planning to spend around 10 days in country.

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3106 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Any advice you guys can offer up

Don't do it! And I ain't talking about Argentina.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Jaja!

Gato cracks me up.

It's a difficult question. Obviously, Mendoza is the best known area for wine in Argentina, but other regions produce excellent wine (Salta, Patagonia, areas in Córdoba, etc.).

Mendoza probably fits the bill for what you want. The weather shouldn't be too bad that time because of the location. Other areas can be damn hot that time of year.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't get married either.

I would go to San Carlos Barliroche and enjoy the mountains if I was you.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I would get married if I was over 35 and made over $100,000 a year.

Go kill as much shit as you can, and buy as many guns as you can.

Then get married. Pretty soon kids will show up, and then she won't be working and you'll wonder how you are going to afford to do anything.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
BWW,

I agree with San Carlos Bariloche. Although, I haven't been lucky enough to go there. My friends and my girlfriend all tell me how nice it is there. You might want to pack fly gear if you go.

I've spent 2 out of the last ten months in Argentina (I didn't fire a shot the last 4 weeks...), but mostly in the Córdoba province. I returned last week after spending some time in the sierras around Villa Grl. Belgrano.

I'm 39, never married, but keep going there to see this girl. I once thought a girl in Fort Worth was too far away to date.

Eland, congratulations on your upcoming nuptials.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
I agree on Bariloche but would not hesitate to spend at least a few days in BA. A beautiful city with lots of history and wonderful architecture.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3828 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote