Find
Notify
Tools

QUESTION FOR SOUTH AMERICANS
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted
I have had the nagging Idea about buying a home in south america I am looking for a small farm with some hunting birds and maybe some other hunting not too far away.

anyone have an opinion as to what country I should look into owning property for a vacation posible retirement place?

thanks in advance

Hunter

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

Posts: 1624 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Argentina. Southern provinces.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
I am looking at argentina or uruguay maybe hoping to find someone who has done this before. there needs to be more than hunting to sell this deal.

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

One of Us
Picture of Guillermo Amestoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billinthewild:
Argentina. Southern provinces.

I agree 100 % otherwise Cordoba Province Hills are a nice place too, in the center of the country. Uruguay better politic, economy, more safe, but few to hunt (mostly doves) Guille.

"Every ignored reallity prepares its revenge!"

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CRUSHER:
I am looking at argentina or uruguay maybe hoping to find someone who has done this before. there needs to be more than hunting to sell this deal.

More than hunting? How about excellent hospitality, excellent food and especially beef, excellent wine and beer, the most varied and beautiful geography, and the dollar remains strong. Guillermo mentions that Uruguay may be safer. I will not disagree with him, but in all my times in Argentina I never felt unsafe, and found the rural communities as secure as one could hope for. I would avoid the big cities, just as I would avoid them here.

My time spent with him in the Cordoba Hills was most enjoyable and those mountainous areas very beautiful. But for me, I am not keen on hot weather and find the southern provinces more to my liking from that perspective.

You will not be able to make a decision by e-mail. I suggest you take a month during their winters, and spend time traveling.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
I do plan to rent a place for about a month two or three times before I finally decide. the gun laws politics safty and economy all have to be factored in with the hunting. I drive a long way now to hunt no reason I cant do that there I would guess. I also have a rather large boat I would like to be able to use and get to if at all possible. thanks for the input no hurry but working for this as a vacation home posible perminant home if it all goes obummers way.

thanks

Hunter

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

one of us
posted Hide Post
You have a PM

Posts: 151 | Location: Hartford, CT USA | Registered: 05 December 2000Reply With Quote