Find
Notify
Tools

Hoot and Pam Murray were our guests
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
We have had the pleasure to receive the visit of PAM AND HOOT MURRAY international hunters and good friends of my family ,of course we fired some shells and taste some beers malbecs and asados . Smilergreat time shared with great company .

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Didn't recognize him with that ball cap and then no hat! Where was the white "Sombrero"???

Hoot, did you bring your own guns?

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5500 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
He had the white hat but didnt use it to hunt ,just in downtown .No they didnt bring their own guns ,but they make a dent in dove and ducks population . Smiler

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is a taylor made safari like the old times of the EAST AFRICAN PH ASOC.with a great PH ,famous and with university degrees ,a worlwide culture ,and getleman manners .

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar professional hunter

Posts: 331 | Location: Argentina | Registered: 29 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What all did they shoot with you?
Just ducks?
You get that package?
Thanks,
George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
posted 02 May 2014 21:08
Pam and I just got back from a wonderful wing shooting experience in Argentina. I was planning to post some pictures along with this post, but I see that Juan has already posted some. Those pictures are from Pam's camera. We had to download our chip to Guadalupe's (Juan's secretary) computer so that he would have some pictures of our hunt. Want to know why this had to be done? On the last day of our hunt we built a fire out in the field, enjoying an Argentine beer and terrific sundown when we heard a loud pop. About like a 22 long rifle going off. We all wondered what it was as it was not loud enough or powerful enough to be a stray 12 ga. shell. Well, the next day we found out. The pop was the battery from Juan's wife's camera. Juan had somehow placed the camera in an empty box which wound up in the fire. Flavia was not happy! Well, now you know where the photos of piles of ducks, pigeons an doves went.

I don't have any idea of how many of each was shot. I had a pretty good average on cranes, pigeons, and ducks. Everything went to hell for me on the doves. They are a little larger than one half of a White Wing here in New Mexico and twice as fast. It is next to impossible to pick out one out of a swarm. I am not a wing shooter. The last time I went bird hunting was in 1980 on the Yellowtail Unit in Northwestern Wyoming. I'll say this, dove shooting in Argentina can be a humbling experience.

There was no lack of birds! I shot over 2000 shells in four days! I just could not hit them. I think if I hit one in five shots that would be good.

We stayed at a older lodge of very unique architecture, done years ago by a South African. The lodge is very comfortable and spacious.

You will have to do some real lookin' to find better meals. Our meals were prepared by Flavia, Juans wife who is a gourmet cook. You are guaranteed to put on some weight while you are there.

We did not take our own shotguns because of the hassle in getting them into Argentina. Juan supplied the shotguns without charge. The guns we used (a Beretta and Browning) were in good shape and shot well. Hunting in Argentina is testimony to the quality of a shotgun as they get severe use there.

Folks in Argentina love their dogs and there are a lot of them there. Juan is no exception. He has a lot of dogs, however, all of them are hunting dogs. Two of his dogs are retrievers and they are top notch. A lot of our enjoyment of the hunt is watching the dogs work.

One of the highlights of our trip was Juan teaching Pam to wing shoot. Juan supplied the instructions, birds, shells etc without extra charge. Pam came away with a sore shoulder and a big smile

Posts: 108 | Location: Cordoba | Registered: 15 July 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
this isn't big game hunting????
You have this on 3 forums now

Posts: 665 | Location: EU | Registered: 05 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nick ,here is published almost everything about south america ,indeed 99 percent of the posts are about Argentina ,big game ,wing shooting ,jagauars attacks ,exploration etc.
Visit drJuan Pablo Pozzi Zurbriggen in his lodge in Corrientes ,im sure he will invite you a good gint tonic and you will became good friends ,perhaps you can take a few ducks with him and his marvelous dogs too.

Posts: 108 | Location: Cordoba | Registered: 15 July 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Juliofabry,
I have hunted in Argentina many times, Salta, corrientes , cordoba, la pampa and also Bahia Blanca as well.
The wing shooting was great in all areas , although bag limits on Perdiz we're not so high, so we now shoot our doves ducks and perdiz in URuguay. Have done over a dozen trips to URuguay and it is also fantastic with much more generous perdiz bag limits.
No doubt I may go back to Argentina for wing shooting, but most likely to shoot the Magellan geese down BAhia BLanca if you guys open the season again.

Cheers

Nick

Posts: 665 | Location: EU | Registered: 05 September 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Nick ,just came to hunt partriges to my farm ,with my pointers and retrievers ,partrige hunting is our favourite sport and a great family tradition .We have an island in Choele Choel to hunt geese -the farmers ask the to shoot them for free-but we are negitiating with local gover burocrats .
Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
First safari .....

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What pleasure to see this agent firing the Beretta a400 ,HARVESTING SO MANY BIRDS ....and Pam is an outstanding huntress ,i ll visit you there .