Notify
Tools

Trophy Export from Argentina
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of IH
posted
Hi fallas!,
I am wondering how long Argentinian takes to release trophies.

I hunted in CazaPampa and harvested Puma, Black Buck, Followdeer, RedStags, Mouflon, Axisdeer and Buffalo, all were timely delivered to taxidermy and done all work on time but since January 2015, the forwarder is trying to get papers from authority but sofar failed.

Can anyone guide me how long they take to release documents/papers for shippment as my forwarder is not answering me about any feed back.

What should I do now? Please give feed back with good advise to get it release or recommend me any top company if he could do on fast track.

Regards.
IH

Posts: 192 | Location: Pakistan | Registered: 14 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
IH,

You cannot export the puma. Good luck with the rest of the animals. It took me almost a year for my red stags and axis trophies. They were all European mounts. I ended up hand carrying them on return from a business trip. I lived in Argentina. I love the country and the people but the government is working hard to destroy a beautiful country. Argentina is very frustrating for anything thanks to the government.

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi IH,
I guess the bottleneck must be the Puma paperwork cause the other species have no reason to take so long.
Our timing can take a couple of months but not so long as 12 months. Normally we take 3-6 months to get capes and racks in the air. A bit longer if any taxidermy is request. We are not promoting puma due to paperwork hassle and headaches.
PM if you need more info.

​OUR CLIENTS SPEAK FOR US,

Santiago Diaz Mathe
Co-Founder & Manager
Poitahue Hunting Ranch
SDS Outdoors Obsession
Phone: +1 214 329 9013
Web: www.poitahue-hunting.com
Web: www.sdsbiggameobsession.com
Address: Argentina - La Pampa - North Patagonia
Dallas show: DSC 2020 Booth #2228
Reno show: SCI 2020 Booth #234

Posts: 47 | Location: Argentina - LA PAMPA | Registered: 29 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SFRanger7GP:
IH,

You cannot export the puma. Good luck with the rest of the animals. It took me almost a year for my red stags and axis trophies. They were all European mounts. I ended up hand carrying them on return from a business trip. I lived in Argentina. I love the country and the people but the government is working hard to destroy a beautiful country. Argentina is very frustrating for anything thanks to the government.

In my opinion, Macri winning should help things. I'm not sure if hunting regs are at the top of his list of crap to fix, but there's hope.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3428 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thunder Head
posted Hide Post
I hunted in LaPampa back in march. My Trophys were ready several weeks ago. Basically 7 months.
The pricing was so outrageous I told them to keep them, but that's a whole other matter.

Good luck.

I have walked in the foot prints of the elephant, listened to lion roar and met the buffalo on his turf. I shall never be the same.

Posts: 813 | Location: In the shadow of Currahee | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thunder Head:
I hunted in LaPampa back in march. My Trophys were ready several weeks ago. Basically 7 months.
The pricing was so outrageous I told them to keep them, but that's a whole other matter.

Good luck.

Very true. The cost is insane. My father had a buff and stag (just European) that cost about as much as 14 mounted animals from Africa.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

One of Us
Picture of IH
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all for their feed backs.
Under this circumstance, I think, I have to drop to import Puma and try to collect rest of trophies.

Any thought about "a reputed forwarder' could do anything to get it released?, please advise.

Regards.
IH

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Maybe all the operators in Argentina should get on band wagon and do something about it
I hear so much , no wonder I have not gone there and I would love to
Operators need to clean up their act especially when it comes to reasonable prices for trophy prep and reasonable shipping
Then they will be turning hunters away, because business will skyrocket

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of IH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DCS Member:
quote:
IH,

In my opinion, Macri winning should help things. I'm not sure if hunting regs are at the top of his list of crap to fix, but there's hope.

Who is Macri Winning? Any contact?, willing to start discussion for any remidy.
IH

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IH:
quote:
quote:
IH,

IH

Macri was the opposition candidate who has now been elected president. For the past twelve years, the government has been oppressive to many things. I will be back there on Saturday.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Marcus:

Please let us know what you learn.

Posts: 11909 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IH:
quote:
quote:
IH,

IH

Macri was the opposition candidate who has now been elected president. For the past twelve years, the government has been oppressive to many things. I will be back there on Saturday.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
This is something the Argentina outfitters need to see if they can address, because I can say that the horror stories about trophy shipping being slow and horrendously expensive are getting out there and causing many to rethink going there to hunt.

I want to go and the hunters that I know who originally wanted to go on a hunt there have all backed out due to the trophy shipping costs. Like most, they want to get their trophies home and at the rates we are hearing about they will just go elsewhere until it changes and becomes more reasonable.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1806 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Same here. I really want to go. Shoot some birds for a couple of days and then on to some Big game. The issues with indigenous species and the absolute horror stories on the costs and hassles of trophy shipping keep forcing me to spend my money elsewhere. Too many great hunts out there in the world to deal with this type of aggravation. The outfitting industry needs to somehow get their voices heard or they will continue to leave lots of money on the table.

Posts: 259 | Location: Marietta, Georgia | Registered: 04 July 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thunder Head
posted Hide Post
I don't know how much the outfitters are involved in the shipping part.

I do know this. The whole thing is a scam to fleece your pockets. Both my stag and black buck skulls were completely done in European style before I left. The black buck hide was completely fleshed and salted. There was nothing for a taxidermist to do beside debugging it. I received fees for taxidermy for over $700 dollars.

A lot of the other fees appear to be for the same thing.
Example
Pickup = 89.00
Handling = 121.00
Warehousing = 86.50

The broker offered to store them for me until my "next" trip. I informed them there will not be a next trip.

I have walked in the foot prints of the elephant, listened to lion roar and met the buffalo on his turf. I shall never be the same.

Posts: 813 | Location: In the shadow of Currahee | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of IH
posted Hide Post
Hi fellas!,
After long long waiting I got my trophies from Argentina, all animals are healthy(Big Grin ) & in good shape, I almost lost my hope to get them in hand almost after 21 months, but Fede (the man responsible to deliver) did it.

Puma, redstag, Mouflon, Axis, blackbuck and buffalo now hung on the wall, will try to share pic soon (some how I am still fighting with procedure to upload pics for forum).

Regards.
IH

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Bueno, photos when you get the chance.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It took 15 months to get my trophies shipped and there was no taxidermy. They finally made it, though.

Posts: 352 | Location: Washington State, USA | Registered: 29 July 2012Reply With Quote