Find
Notify
Tools

Argentina Gun Permits- the low down
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Gustavo
posted Hide Post
Does somebody has some news on this matter? I have US friends coming down and would like to keep them posted about. Thanks!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ColdBore 1.0 - the ballistics/reloading software solution
http://www.patagoniaballistics.com

Posts: 748 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 14 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Gus nothing was enforced yet ,at least in Cordoba and Santa Fe .The latest new is that the farm must be registrated in Renar and some provinces like Corrientes dont have the lands registered in renar they areregistered at provincial game secretary .
So if a renar officer wants he can stop the guns in the airport until the hunter leaves NOT ENFORCED but can be done .Anything you need just phone me .UN GRAN ABRAZO AMIGO.

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gustavo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by juanpozzi:
Gus nothing was enforced yet ,at least in Cordoba and Santa Fe .The latest new is that the farm must be registrated in Renar and some provinces like Corrientes dont have the lands registered in renar they areregistered at provincial game secretary .
So if a renar officer wants he can stop the guns in the airport until the hunter leaves NOT ENFORCED but can be done .Anything you need just phone me .UN GRAN ABRAZO AMIGO.

Querido amigo! thanks a lot for the news, but I heard that the newly created ANMAC (RENAR replacement) is just bad news for all of us...anti guns are winning the game by a high score, and bad news are incoming our way unfortunately. Un gran abrazo!

Posts: 748 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 14 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
You remember many yearsago when Marcos waited for us in dowtown with his 375hyh and nobody cares ....in that time everybody carrya shotgun or rifle in the truck even in bikes and there was NOT CRIME

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was at a dinner last night. There was a guy at our table who owned an operation in Argentina. According to him, changes are in the works to pretty much go back to the way it used to be.

Is this in fact happening ? I have no idea. I can only hope.

Posts: 11944 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
With the election results, there would seem to be a better chance to get back to some level of reasonableness.

Posts: 11944 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
With the election results, there would seem to be a better chance to get back to some level of reasonableness.

Larry,

You are correct. I'm in Argentina now. I believe things will change as Macri has appointed a man from Córdoba to be Minister of Tourism or some such. He knows the impact of hunting to the economy, but there are bigger problems. Christina isn't even allowing her outgoing ministers to meet with their replacements, there's no idea what might be in the federal reserve.

Despite all of this, it's a great country and I think it will persevere and thrive under Macri who encourages foreign investment, unlike his predecessor.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DCS Member:
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:

Larry,

You are correct. I'm in Argentina now. I believe things will change as Macri has appointed a man from Córdoba to be Minister of Tourism or some such. He knows the impact of hunting to the economy, but there are bigger problems. Christina isn't even allowing her outgoing ministers to meet with their replacements, there's no idea what might be in the federal reserve.

Despite all of this, it's a great country and I think it will persevere and thrive under Macri who encourages foreign investment, unlike his predecessor.

Thanks.

She might be the only president to make Obama look good.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
She might be the only president to make Obama look good.

When we were in Argentina back in June of this year, there were signs all over the countryside with a picture of Christina with a giant X across it.

We were shopping in one of the better areas of BA, and we went into a leather shop that had an advertisement for shotgun cases, etc in leather. It didn't have any visible so I asked the manager if the had any shooting accessories? I think he misunderstood my mangled Spanish and replied, "Only if Christina comes in the store.", while miming shooting her. Let's just say her popularity was not universal.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I apologize in advance for commenting on things other than the original purpose of this thread.

I can think of 2 things that she did that are totally shocking. These are:

1- Seizing all of the private retirement fund money in the country.

2- They nationalized a Spanish oil company. YPF I believe. A year or so later, the government sold it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Conversations this past week @SCI with all the Argentine outfitters revealed no hope of any changes in the Consulate letter requirement in the near future. Certainly not for the upcoming season.

They all told me to be prepared to travel under the existing onerous regulations and go through the hassles at the airport, or plan on renting guns.

114-R10David

Posts: 1749 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
It's a process. There are a lot of issues to fix in Argentina. The gun issues will be corrected.

Most outfitters have fine firearms for rent. We at Miles & Miles offer Beretta A400 in 20 and 28 gauge. Rifles are CZ 550 from .243 to .458 with Zeiss glass and custom stocks.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am also told it is not happening this year but it will be happening.

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Everything is easier and in a few months everything wil be corrected ,concealed arry permits are on the way again .

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
I always had an African hunting dream. The cost made me decide on Argentina as my best choice. After reading of this sillyness I'll just stay at home in America. Lots of places to go here.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by packrattusnongratus:
I always had an African hunting dream. The cost made me decide on Argentina as my best choice. After reading of this sillyness I'll just stay at home in America. Lots of places to go here.

If this small amount of adversity makes you want to stay at home, you certainly should.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
quote:
Originally posted by packrattusnongratus:

It will be better.

If this small amount of adversity makes you want to stay at home, you certainly should.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
If I'll go down south, I'd simply rent gun, cut horns off , put it in package and ship it back to states
Then screw the horns back onto the skull and bingo, or just leave it behind
Take lots of pics
I do that when I hunt in Europe
Anymore, taking guns is too much hassle and most outfitters overseas have great gun assortment
I think we all have tendencies to hang onto some notion that our guns are better then the alternative while we lose perspective of what the hunt should be all about which is FUN and great experience

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boarkiller:
...and most outfitters overseas have great gun assortment
I think we all have tendencies to hang onto some notion that our guns are better then the alternative while we lose perspective of what the hunt should be all about which is FUN and great experience

Those of us who shoot left-handed have to bring our own guns.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen new president is pro gun and conservative ,again its very easy to import a gun .

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Juan:

Are you saying they have changed the rules?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Called the Argentine Consulate office in Los Angeles yesterday, March 1st. There have been no changes in the requirement to obtain a consulate letter.....and none are anticipated in the near future. It was a canned response from a 3rd tier staffer, but very clear nevertheless.

114-R10David

Posts: 1749 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Guys, I got Juan post with a lot happiness, but after make several phone calls to to the new Chamber and also to the RENAR, i can confirm that nothing change!
Please fun if you have any source let as know.

Thanks Again. Martin

Martin Telleria
www.tsbuenosaires.com

Posts: 70 | Location: Argentina | Registered: 23 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Just receive 8 clients with shotguns in Cordoba very easy to clear the customs ,LAWs DIDNT CHANGE YET ,but the customs are very friendly AND EASIER TO IMPORT THER ARE ORDERS TO DONT DISTURB THE HUNTERS.First time hunters with double shotguns DONT NEED to make papers on consulate ,first time hunters usually pass very fast with any gun .We are in Arroyito shooting doves clouds of them althoug a bit of rain .

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of Gustavo
posted Hide Post
Juan, my dear friend, those are good news indeed, but until we got more reports following suit, it's more luck than anything else. It's hard to convey a message to our friends who wish to come down here. What is the "new chamber" some have been talking about?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
New rules gentlemen . The permits can be obtained through the mail. No visit to the consulate required.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Argentina Improves Gun Import Process for Sportsmen - Consular Permits Now Obtainable by Mail

Taking firearms to Argentina for hunting is a little less troublesome now. Hunters can now have the required consular permit authorized by mail without having to visit a consulate in person. We learned of this from CATCYC (Cámara Argentina de Turismo Cinegético y Conservacionismo), Argentina’s national outfitter association, which announced the news at their annual national meeting in Buenos Aires in early May.

Says CATCYC’s Veronica Perea, “Starting May 1, 2016, hunting tourists are able to manage the consular permits by post. Hunters may find the form required on the Argentine General Consulate’s website at http://catla.cancilleria.gob.ar/node/2779, along with instructions for securing the permit from one of the Argentine consulates in the US. We are still working to make the documentation required the same for every consulate.”

Perea also informed us that CATCYC now has its own website, www.catcyc.org.ar, with an English version to go live soon.

The Hunting Report has closely followed recent developments in traveling with firearms to Argentina for big game and bird hunting, publishing several articles on the difficulties hunters have faced the past two seasons. See Article 3552 for our initial warning about the new regulations, plus Articles 3623 and 3633 for updated information. Of the many headaches involved, the worst was Argentina’s requirement that American hunters get a permit from a consulate in person prior to each trip. That required many hunters to travel to another state just to get a permit issued to them. The process is still complicated, unfortunately, and the permit form must be notarized before being mailed to the consulate.

First-time visitors taking guns to Argentina are apparently exempt from the requirement for a consular permit, although we strongly recommend that hunters confirm this with their nearest consulate before taking a gun to Argentina.

As Hunting Report readers know, a separate RENAR (Registro Nacional de Armas) form is still required for those bringing guns to Argentina. Outfitters are willing to help clients through these hurdles, but for the time being it may still be easier to borrow a rifle in Argentina. We hope that CATCYC will continue to make progress with the government to make taking guns to Argentina more

one of us
Picture of Gustavo
posted Hide Post
Larry, links not working. None of them. Any other options to check the info in-depth?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustavo:
Larry, links not working. None of them. Any other options to check the info in-depth?

We are gathering the information to apply for a permit for me. I will find out if we have other links.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Been traveling to South America for several years now, both when it was easy and lately when it has not be so easy, as far as guns are concerned. These days it's not as easy as it used to be.

Nevertheless.....I'm wheels up for Argentina again next Friday.

Bird shooting in rural Argentina and Uruguay, be it for waterfowl, perdiz, pigeon or dove is truly an amazing experience. It really is.
Any serious shot gunner / bird shooter needs to make a trip to South America, at least once.

Do it. It's like nothing you can imagine here in North America.

114-R10David

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TWL:
Been traveling to South America for several years now, both when it was easy and lately when it has not be so easy, as far as guns are concerned. These days it's not as easy as it used to be.

Nevertheless.....I'm wheels up for Argentina again next Friday.

Bird shooting in rural Argentina and Uruguay, be it for waterfowl, perdiz, pigeon or dove is truly an amazing experience. It really is.
Any serious shot gunner / bird shooter needs to make a trip to South America, at least once.

Do it. It's like nothing you can imagine here in North America.

You are absolutely right. I've been in Argentina the past three weeks and four months over this past year. I've maybe done 10-12 trips here. The photos and videos can't do the wing shooting justice.

Marcus Cady

DRSS