Find
Notify
Tools

pwn375 safari
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted
We just finished the safari with Perry and Angie ,Perry shot near 3000 shells in 3 days ,killing thousands of doves,pidgeons,ducks ,some periquits,hares and a fox that was near to finish my surgery career,we used berettas A390,REMINGTON1100,Browning Silver Camo,skbou 20 gauge.ANGIE shot near 800shells of 20 gauge with my son SKB shes so fan of wing shooting that she prefered to shoot than having lunch.Besides hunting we eat a lot drink some MALBECS,Beer,wisky,and we discused a lot about the record RED STAG CALLED SUPER WILLIAM....ill post photos later .Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Perry and myself one of the mournings

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Perry and Angie

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Angie,Rhody,and some doves ,i always use my labs for retrieving,and even as baying dogs with great results Africa of course is the most versatile.

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
In the previous photo is MALU not RHODY.

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
A FOX THAT ALMOST FINISHED MY SURGERY CAREER....

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
IKY,CRISTIAN,PERRY AND LAUTI- CRIS SON-WITH SOME GAME TAKEN

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
PIDGEONS WITH DECOYS HUNT.LABS ARE AFRY AND RHODY.

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
[IMG]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a98/juanpozzi/fotosflaviavacacionesdeinvierno0-3.jpg[/ANGIE AFTER CUSTERS LAST STAND...

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
Picture of Guillermo Amestoy
posted Hide Post
clap clap clap clap Congratulations to all, Specially to Your GUESTS !!!, next maybe Reds or Buff. Guille.

"Every ignored reallity prepares its revenge!"

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Juan

I did not know, that OKIES could get a Visa to Argentina. Eeker Eeker shocker

We just BARELY let them come to Texas. Big Grin

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of PWN375
posted Hide Post
Juan,

First, thank you so much for such an incredible trip. The memories you provided for me and Angie are worth more than money can buy. You took such good care of us and didn't laugh at my slow fire technique while I was shooting the combat course at your gun club. Plus, you provided WORLD CLASS hunting, great food and more laughter that I thought was possible. We both adore your family and thank you letting us share that part of your life. Be nice to my Dogo until I ca return.

I have just returned to the office and worked through my emergencies and pile of correspondence, thus the short post for now.

First regarding the fox. That photo was taken before Juan almost lost a finger. I shot the fox 3 times with a 12 gauge shotgun and his dog Africa found it "dead" and chewed the hell out it while I was tugging her and the "dead" fox to the truck so my wife could shoot some photographs of how aggressive Africa was with the fox. I finally manage to take the fox away from Africa, looked it over, opened its mouth to examine the teeth, look to see if it is male or female, then we shot many photos holding it every which way. After the trophy photos Juan puts it on the bull bar front bumper of his 4x4 Ranger and we discuss the hunt, take more photos and Juan goes to adjust the "dead" fox's head it growls and snaps at him. I look at the fox and it is breathing heavily and starting to come to life. I grabbed it off his truck to bash it head on the ground but the "dead" fox comes more to life. At this point Africa grabs it and one hell a fight ensues while me, Juan, Iky and Africa are chasing this once "dead" fox up a road just at dark. The fox comes so much back to life Africa is having a hard time killing it AGAIN and I am worried about the fox hurting her since she is such a wonderful hunting dog. I have a 12 gauge auto and am waiting for a clear shot when finally the fox breaks away from Africa, Juan calls her off briefly and Juan shoots the fox in the heart with a 40 cal. Glock at the same instant I put a load of 8s in the back of the fox's head from 4 feet away. We were certain that bastard was dead the second time.

That was only a very small portion of the fun we had. Juan can tell stories about Super William that will make you laugh until your face hurts. He is not a typical surgeon.

This part of the post is for Bill from Pine Top, AZ. Bill, we ate at Priotti's every day and twice one day...not really. We only ate lunch there one day, but it is easy to see why you like the place so much. Incredible food, great wine and a very neat old Italian style resturant with a bit of Argentine flair.

I will post more later.

Perry

Posts: 1144 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Looks like you had an outstanding trip!

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of PWN375
posted Hide Post

This is the day my tiny wife shot 100s of 12 gauge shells through Juan's Reminton 1100 (She shoots a 20 ga 1100LW at home) She killed a huge pile of doves, pigeons and parakeets while standing near a roost in a plowed field. She did not want to break for lunch and kept poor Juan and me in the field until 3 p.m. (14:00 Argentine time). When she was finished there was a five foot wide ring of empty shotshell hulls in a circle around her position. She was so excited her hands were shaking and she said she thought she was going to have a heart attack. Plus, the next day she had one of the best gunning bruises on her jaw and shoulder I have ever seen even though she used a shooting pad.

Perry

Posts: 1144 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
What a wonderful trip, and congratulations on the success you had. Now for the big question....did you have any costillas? animal

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
How long did it take for Perry to figure out that the buckets are for sitting on…not standing!

Just Kidding Perry…. I always enjoy poking fun at the vertically challenged. Looks like you had a great trip!

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had the pleasure to meet and hunt with this great couple,and supourt juans again with his histories about the roaring red stag SUPER WILLIAM ,his visits to my video store and so on ,but we have had a great fun ,we shot a lot and drunk more wine,champagne and wisky that my body could suport ,THATS WHY ON SUNDAY I WASNT ON THE SHOOTING RANGE PERRY ,SORRY ,I COULDNT SAY GOOD BYE ,BUT I WAS DESTROYED.MARCOS A. FISCHER

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar professional hunter

Posts: 331 | Location: Argentina | Registered: 29 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PERRY IM CRISTIAN IM WITH MARCOS HES WRITING FOR ME ,IT WAS A PLEASURE TO HUNT WITH YOU ,NEXT TIME ILL GUIDE YOU IN OUR KNIFE HUNTS.CRISTIAN -WE ARE TRAINING NOW-

One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Perry,
watch out for those dead foxes. Watch out for Juan. If Billinthewild is there, watch out for Bill. Watch out for Texans. Arkies are OK.

Now go hunting something big.

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of PWN375
posted Hide Post
Roscoe-Juan is 8 feet tall

Marco-It was great to meet you and was a pleasure to hunt pigeon with you

Cristian-I enjoyed meeting you and your son. I am looking forward to returning for a pig or buffalo hunt with you and Juan.

Perry

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
PERRY all my family loves you and ANGIE we laugh so much ,of course the champagne aided in my histories.Im recovering of so much food and malbecs,beer,champagne and wisky.....my friends like you a lot because you are a real fanatic hunter ,-only you can supourt the forzen cold while using the spotligth-YOU CONTRIBUTED TO DIMISH THIS PEST KILING OVER 150 DOVES IN 20 MINUTES IN THE SLAUGTHERING CORNER OF THE BUSH.
Great fun we all expect a detailed report...including SUPERWILLIAM ,THE BARKING WHITE HARE,AND THE WITCH...
BILL WE ATE AT PRIOTTIS AND THE WAITER ASKED FOR YOU...

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
PERRY killed more pidgeons than i ever seen before ,but after shooting thousands of doves decoyed pidgeons were very easy for him .

one of us
Picture of PWN375
posted Hide Post
When wing shooters die, if they get to go to heaven, they wind up in San Francisco, Cordoba Province, Argentina with Africa as a retriever.

Perry

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Watch out for Texans.

Damn right! Big Grin

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7510 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
ANOTHER PHOTO RHODY AND AFRY ARE THE RETRIEVERS.

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of PWN375
posted Hide Post
Juan,

SUPER STAG WILLIAM will never be killed. He is much to cunning as he would notice anything "odd" immediately.

The Witch did manage to heal Angie with her magic tea.

I blame Iky for the white hare. He knows three words in English. Those words are "look", "shoot" and "SHOOT!!!!". Big Grin Wink Besides, perro sounds amazingly like conejo when your ears are frozen from a midnight drive in the Argentine bush.

With all the weight you gained during our hunt, dont' forget to take your HerbaLife. I understand one of the leading intellectuals in your area prescribes an entire can for immediate effect. Eeker rotflmo

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Yes ,if you eat an entire can you will loose weigth inmediately.....or explode

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of PWN375
posted Hide Post

This photo only displays the birds killed in the first few minutes after we arrived. Juan was picking them up, but not nearly as fast as I was killing them, to use them as decoys.

This is the most fun I have ever had hunting birds. No wonder Juan saved this for the last evening or I would have wanted to go everyday. Incredibly beautiful old rustic estancia as the back drop for the finest wing shooting I guy could ask for. I must have looked like a pointer pup on his first covey. A Browing Silver and decoying pigeons makes for a huge pile of dead birds at the end of the evening.

Juan,

My meager dove field at home has been visited by about 100 birds. I saw more in your yard in town within 10 minutes of our arrival.

Perry

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Perry ,i sent you a pm with the emails of Flavia.

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by juanpozzi:
Yes ,if you eat an entire can you will loose weigth inmediately.....or explode

Herbalife Confused Why would an Argentine need such foolishness. He has Quilmes Stout!
knife ¡En Argentina nosotros llamamos esa mejor vida!!! clap beer clap

"I'm sorry I missed the funeral, but I sent a letter approving of same." MArk Twain

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of PWN375
posted Hide Post
Bill,

Some Argentines want to be svelt instantly and will suffer almost any abuse to do so. Juan must tell you the history of the "Scarecrow" (remember he didn't have a brain) Alejandro.

Cheers-to the good life as well.

Perry

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
Glad no one was injured (other than pride) by the fox. Wink Funny, but hunting for bunnies last winter with my buddy (Norton on AR), he shot a large grey fox with the bunny loads. It dropped, ran, and dropped again after soaking up a few rounds from the shotty. After crossing a freezing stream, Norton slings the fox over his shoulder and begins heading back to us. At some point, he feels a very strong pinch high up on the back of his thigh. Did not break skin, but he got a damned good surprise, and was worth a good laughs from us one once explained. Sympathy? For hunting buddies? Not hardly! Wink

'Dead' critters sometimes do get a shot of their own before expiring, don't they? Here's a shot of the fox I took. I'm pretty sure it was actually dead at that point... Oh, and the other funny thing? Like Juan, ole Norton also is a surgeon. He usually grumbles something every time I whack his hands with something hard or sharp when we're duck hunting. I of course tell him to settle down; even if something happens to one, he has another to cut folks with! Smiler

Looks like you had big fun down there. Juan, I may just have to come down there some day to get in on your waterfowling!

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
kamo gari ,you are welcome,yes foxes always play as death but this looks really death...by the way ill like to email your friend the surgeon is he a general surgeon like me.Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of PWN375
posted Hide Post

The trip wasn't all about dove hunting.

Perry

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Dear Perry ,sorry ,but we believe ,that this photo isnt correct in a married man..... clap clap

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
posted Hide Post
I am sort of interested in the carrying of dead foxes over one's shoulder. Our Canadian foxes are full of fleas .. we don't carry them that way - at least more than once. Roll Eyes Smiler

Posts: 1532 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana1
posted Hide Post
love Argentina..............

Posts: 795 | Location: Vero Beach, Florida | Registered: 03 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
AT LEAST THE DANCER HAS HER UNDERPANTS dancing

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA