Notify
Tools

MG Hunting--references
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted
Gentlemen:
In Argentina, MG Hunting has a package that is attractive to me (buffalo, stag, black buck, boar) at a good price. I've wanted to hunt Argentina for years but the difficulties of firearms importation caused me to pass.

MG has emailed me the process is simplified now: they will complete my paperwork in advance, I show up in Argentina with my rifle, and the process of temporary imporation is quiet simple (no longer going to the embassy or mailing my passport to the embassy in the States). Also, a hunter can import up to 40 rounds of ammunition.

So, two questions for you:

1. Any information or references on MG Hunting?

2. Can anyone give me their personal experiences of a recent importation of a hunting rifle and ammunition?

Thanks for this, gentlemen. AR is always most helpful in matters such as these.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is a guy Juan Pozzi, I think he's from Argentina (could be wrong), and posts a lot on the reduced and etc. hunts place. If he is from Argentina could give you good info, don't have to let him know you're looking at another outfitter.

Posts: 501 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 18 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Hellow i dont know Marcelo Gil personnally but i never heard anything wrong about him . Currently us very east yo import guns.Specially double guns that dont need previos paperwork for first timers.Cal was very gently with me regarding double rifle questions so anything you need un my country just ask and ill do my BEST.

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote