THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SOUTH AMERICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  South American Big Game Hunting    Why are prices in Argentina going down....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why are prices in Argentina going down....
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just returned from Dallas. My observations: Africa plainsgame-same price, Africa DG- up 10 to 30%, Alaska- slightly higher, Asia- unchanged, USA- slightly lower.
Argentina-down 20-30%

My thoughts...
Confused. Cattle prices are up. Oil is down. There are some great hunts at very reasonable prices being offered. Yes. I want to go back. Just have some other countries to check off first. However, I tell every hunter interested in international hunting to start with Argentina. Beautiful women, cold beer, friendly people and stag in the roar!

Any thoughts?

Ski+3

Posts: 851 | Location: Kalispell, MT | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some of the bad PR on trouble getting guns into the country and expense getting trophies home may have something to do with it. It has deterred me. Maybe just a decline in booking because of oil/gas prices. Someone else may have a better hadle on it that me. Bruce

Posts: 371 | Location: Gillette, Wy USA | Registered: 11 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gillettehunter:
Some of the bad PR on trouble getting guns into the country and expense getting trophies home may have something to do with it. It has deterred me. Maybe just a decline in booking because of oil/gas prices. Someone else may have a better hadle on it that me. Bruce

I'd say you hit the nail on the head. For guys looking for a red stag, NZ is so much easier/predictable. I've been hearing African plains game is way down. Glad to hear it did well at Dallas. I saw buff hunts advertised for $6900 in SA the other day. We really enjoyed Argentina but it is not without hassle for the exact reasons you describe.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 27 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is it really the case that DG prices have gone up? The specials I got offered certainly do not underpin this.

Posts: 701 | Location: Germany | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Prices going down is not bad for Americans. However, the economy in Argentina is getting better thanks to Macri. The roar is soon. Let me know if you want a stag and buffalo combo. We can add dove, also.

The guns are still an issue, but we can offer nice rifles with European optics and Beretta A400 in 20 and 28 gauge.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3429 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Two big hassles with big game in Argentina: getting guns in and getting trophies out! I paid as much or more for a red stag antlers and cape and a blackbuck cape, horns didn't make it, than I did for a standard safari in PDC and shipping. It was really off the chart. Back then, only one guy was cleared to ship out of the country and he charged what he wanted. Fool me once...

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7516 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwanamrm:
Two big hassles with big game in Argentina: getting guns in and getting trophies out!

Bingo! I wanted to hunt when I visited in October and all the bullshit Argentina wanted to put me through to import my guns turned me off.

Perhaps Macri can straighten the bureaucrats out.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have never tried to hunt big game there. However, I have been 15-20 times to shoot birds.

Last July, we were going down for 6 days to shoot ducks. I was going to take my own shotgun which had been to that country at least 10 times. The bureaucracy was nothing short of astounding. It made the worst African country seem efficient.

I have hunted a hell of a lot all over the world. I have never experienced anything like that. It is awful.

Posts: 11927 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Hi guys hunting big game here is very easy and very cheap comparec with the rest of the world .You can hunt in preserves ,big or small or in open fields .Buffalos are wil only in the north of Argentina in the jungles of formosa ,or in the swamps of Corrientes ,hunting there for the real hunter is ga great pleasure .Hunting in Los Andes mountains for red stag is another great safari .
Macri is pro gun and hes firing all the left wingers anti gun burocrats but it will take a year to change the laws .
Exporting trophies now is very fast althoug expensive .

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by juanpozzi:
Macri is pro gun and hes firing all the left wingers anti gun burocrats but it will take a year to change the laws .

De tus labios a los oídos de Dios, mi amigo! Wink

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Hes doing a good work ,not only in our country but in all latin america .He stated that Venezuela goverment is dictatorial ,and marxist .Everybody knows this but nobody said anything ,less Obama .
Our military i receiving new equipment ,rifles ,helicopters -20 new superpumas -and military advisors .
Farmers are very happy and everything is working again .
Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Let's hope he straightens it out. After my last trip to Argentina I would never go back to hunt.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3828 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote