Find
Notify
Tools

First time in South America
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi all.
I have a few questions and hope that you guys can answer them for me.

What I am looking for is Free range hunt for Red Stag. I would like to do this during the Roar. And I would like to go during the spring of 2011.

Can I please get a few recomendations from you guys in regards to reputable outfitters and any other tips or tricks or costs you might have.

There will be 2 of us hunting and I might bring my wife down as a observer. She really would like to see Argentina. and I would really like her to enjoy her self.

Like I said though.. free range is the only way we will do this.

Lodging is not as importantant as a quality honest hunt. Hitting the "roar" is very important to me, as I really would like to experiance it.

I know that when I booked my Brown Bear hunt to Alaska, AR was a huge help.

If I can be of any help to someone that wishes to know more about hunting here in Alberta, Canada. Please feel free to get in touch.

Thanks
Jamie

Posts: 108 | Location: Calgary | Registered: 26 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Send me your e-mail address.....billinthewild@gmail.com

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Calgary Guy: please clarify, I assume that you quote your spring, which is our fall. The red stag season usually begins March 15th and ends in most places June 15th. Perhaps in the Southern provinces it may begin a little earlier.
Feel free to contact me for more data, specially after the 08/10.
Regards

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nainital.
Yes, that would be your Fall, my spring.

I guess ideally a Horseback hunt would be the most interesting.

On a Red Stag hunt what would be the most common animal a guy would run into (Other than Red stag).
A 5 or 6 day hunt seems really short for the amount of time it takes to get to Argentina. What else would you guys book in order to really enjoy the whole experiance? Though I see that birds are a major hunt, that doesnt seem to really tickle my fancy. But perhaps one day of that could be of some use.

I see that Caza offers free range hunts. How about other outfitters?

Thanks
Jamie

one of us
posted Hide Post
Calgary Guy: every decent outfitter should offer free range hunts. Mainly, there are two well separated areas: the mountains in the South and the thorny woods of La Pampa, which very much resemble some African landscapes. In the first you mostly glass, in the other you hunt to the roars. Your choice. The first usually is done on horseback, the second rarely.
By the way, there are other huntable species up to water buffaloes, cougars, all the rams and what not.
Look at the Outfitters forum here and you´ll have a better idea, I think. Wink

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
luis sier (sier safaris) has some really good prices out right now. i think its something like 4500 for 1 trophy and 2 management stags

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Butchloc: caveat emptor. sofa

one of us
posted Hide Post
Spend time seeing Argentina and Buenos Aires. I just got back a few weeks ago. Great country, great city.

Posts: 13773 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jamie,

Been there and got the tee shirt ... Since I live two hours south of you in Lethbridge, the phone call won't cost as much ... Smiler (I'm the one that was skunked on brown bear .. sigh)

Posts: 1534 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys, I am so sorry for not getting back to you. Unfortunatly we had a devestaing house fire this past weekend.
Everyone is safe and now we are rebuilding from scratch.
Please keep the hints and tips comming as I find it gives me a little something to dream about during the late nights.

Thanks
Jamie

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Calgary Guy:
Guys, I am so sorry for not getting back to you. Unfortunatly we had a devestaing house fire this past weekend.
Everyone is safe and now we are rebuilding from scratch.
Please keep the hints and tips comming as I find it gives me a little something to dream about during the late nights.

Thanks
Jamie

My condolences.....that has always been my worst nightmare. Hope it all turns out for the best and you can make your planned trip.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about your fire. We had an electrical fire that started in the wall of one of our bedrooms. The good news was that the firemen were able to keep it from spreading to the rest of the house. The bad news was that they pumped more than 800 gallons of water into the house, knocked out windows and ripped out walls and ceilings. The smoke and water damage was worse than the fire.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote