Find
Notify
Tools

Election in Argentina
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted
This may belong in the PF, but I don’t go there. I was hoping Macri would get more time to fix the ills of the past, but it doesn’t look that way. At least he had the vote from Cordoba Province. I just hope the second home country of mine doesn’t go the way of Venezuela.

However, the hunting should always be great!

This is an older video warning the USA, but interesting:
https://youtu.be/nTY3klgl_KY

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3428 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not looking good for Macri at all. NY Times and other US media are predicting a huge win by the Fernandez/Kirchner ticket, which means the return of Kirchner. Fernandez is just a figurehead. Also, Kicillof will win in BA province.

A general return to the left throughout the region, it seems. Uruguay is lost, too, btw.

114-R10David

Posts: 1749 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Exactly. I toned my post down quite a bit. CFK gets another chance to enrich herself and screw the citizens. She’s already stolen enough and much like a female politician we have here, a murder and cover up can just about be squarely placed on her.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
It breaks my heart to see all of these problems in Argentina. My friends there are very worried.

Safe travels......L

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I hear you, but the patriots are strong. The “rewind” scares me and it could screw all of South America.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Well, the final election was help today and the Peronistas won. Let’s hope for the best, but I’m nervous.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
How does this tie into traveling to Argentina with a rifle for hunting? I am strongly considering a hunt in May but only if I can bring my own double rifle.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
How does thie tie into traveling to Argentina with a rifle for hunting? I am strongly considering a hunt in May but only if I can bring my own double rifle.
Cal

That will remain to be seen. Macri (the sitting President) was to ease the restrictions, but was faced with a congress opposed to many of his policies. Does that sound familiar?

Most of the main dove hunting provinces voted Macri. In fact, the departamento (county) and pueblo from where I hunt and work voted 2:1 for Macri.

That being said, we did have a hunter bring down a matched pair of H&H .410s during the prior administration, which the new one will be a mirror. As an aside, they malfunctioned under the volume and we had to do some field “smithing.” After which, they performed well.

Hunting is a large industry in Argentina and does help the biggest industry, agriculture. The rules and regs may be onerous, but if you allow time and can deal with the fees, it should still be doable. I do think the requirement to go to the consulate is no longer necessary, which would not make any since for you.

Any good outfitter should be able to help with the process, as they are “custodians” of the firearm while in country.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Hellow gentlemen sadly won a left winger with 48 percent of the votes .Macri a conservative has 44 ,two rigth winers 4 ,and a center party 5 more .So they have the president but not the senate .
Mendoza ,Cordoba and Entre Rios voted Macri.
We will see in the future ill mantain you informed . Cheers Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Doc, es la verdad. Santa Fe also was cambiamos tambien, I believe. The hunting will not be affected, hopefully.

I don’t know how CFK wants to be back. She already stole so much from a wonderful country.

Hunting will always be good in Argentina.

Marcus Cady

DRSS