New
Find
Notify
Tools

So is it as bad as I have heard
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have thought of going for blackbuck maybe red stag in Argentina. Do some bird hunting also when there,

My fear is that it is as hard and cost as much as I have heard to bring trophys back here to the states. Are shipping and clearing of trophys from there that much more

Posts: 553 | Location: macungie , Pa | Registered: 21 March 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
bcap...also something I have been wanting to do, but last time I checked the costs to ship trophies home was ridiculous. I keep hoping that it will change as I think it is the best place to hunt for big blackbuck. Wouldn't mind going for red deer in Patagonia as well.

Hopefully one of the operators from down there can give us some up to date info on the government permit fees and shipping.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1806 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am really hoping to hear from guys who have brought stuff back.

Ever outfit I checked with said no problems just takes time to get stuff back. I have heard to many storys saying other wise.

Posts: 553 | Location: macungie , Pa | Registered: 21 March 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had been planning a bird hunt since before Covid and only recently tried to set up a hunt we had reserved and paid down for. I am one of the individuals who would prefer to shoot my own guns. They still require consulate approval for permits. On top of that the outfitter tells me the permits cost $500 per gun plus and aditional $30 airport fee. Rediculous so you might want to consider that also

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5495 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nevada Wapati
posted Hide Post
I'm going over next month for my first Argentina hunt. I had the same question that you do. My outfitter sent me an invoice from 2019 for another hunter. It totalled $1,985 for 1 red stag, 1 water buffalo and two blackbucks. Don't know if that helps you but it's all I have until I get my bill

Posts: 382 | Location: Carson City | Registered: 17 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nevada Wapati:
I'm going over next month for my first Argentina hunt. I had the same question that you do. My outfitter sent me an invoice from 2019 for another hunter. It totalled $1,985 for 1 red stag, 1 water buffalo and two blackbucks. Don't know if that helps you but it's all I have until I get my bill

That gives me some idea hope you can share more info after you do your hunt on prices and how the rest worked out getting your stuff home

One of Us
Picture of Nevada Wapati
posted Hide Post
I found an email from my import broker saying that it usually cost $2,000 - $2,500.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I found an email from my import broker saying that it usually cost $2,000 - $2,500.

What did that cover for that price.

One of Us
Picture of Nevada Wapati
posted Hide Post
He didn't say. Guessing it covers everything in Argentina and the shipping to the US. That is what the 2019 invoice covered.

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I work down there quite a bit, but haven’t been in two years because of COVID. I will be there 2 April until 23 May helping out.

The roar is on now. I’ve shot a few stags and Buffalo, but culls. They hang in the lodge now.

The export process and cost is ridiculous. My father has brought some back and I think 3 animals cost more than 16 we brought back from Africa. Keep in mind many carriers will no longer transport trophies. LATAM, the biggest carrier there, no longer allows trophies in cargo.

Even as working for an outfitter there, I think it’s ridiculous to get trophies back.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3426 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nevada Wapati
posted Hide Post
quote:
I will be there 2 April until 23 May helping out.

Maybe I'll run into you if your on April 2nd, American Airlines flight #997. It's my first trip to Argentina.

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I will be there 2 April until 23 May helping out.

Maybe I'll run into you if your on April 2nd, American Airlines flight #997. It's my first trip to Argentina.

Likewise. DFW - EZE.

I don’t know who you’re hunting with, but Argentina is wonderful. The people are great, food is exceptional, and incredible hunting.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3426 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
any body get there stuff back lately and can give me some ideas on real pricing now. Thanks

one of us
posted Hide Post
Take good pictures.

Have them framed.

Hang them on the wall.

Use the money you save to go on another hunt.

Posts: 19289 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ive spent time down south even ranched there many years ago and IMO nothing ever gets better South of El Paso Texas!

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41722 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcap:
any body get there stuff back lately and can give me some ideas on real pricing now. Thanks

I have asked this of Argentinian outfitters several times in the last year and have yet to get a straight answer. This makes me cautious and unlikely to book a hunt down there until I get some current, accurate information on this subject.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1806 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Yeah the trophy shipping is a rip off but what are you going there for? The trophy or the experience?
My advice is to go and it's still cheaper than most Alaska hunts. And yes I have "bit the bullet" twice and had my trophies shipped. OTOH the horseback hunt I did for red stag in Patagonia was arguably the best hunt I have ever done.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3828 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blacktailer:
Yeah the trophy shipping is a rip off but what are you going there for? The trophy or the experience?
My advice is to go and it's still cheaper than most Alaska hunts. And yes I have "bit the bullet" twice and had my trophies shipped. OTOH the horseback hunt I did for red stag in Patagonia was arguably the best hunt I have ever done.

I want both a great hunt and my trophies. Looking for what some may have really paid to judge if worth it to me

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We shipped our trophies back in 2022. For two re stags and a blackbuck, my total bill to get them back in my hands was in the mid $3K. Never again.

Posts: 223 | Location: South Dakota, USA | Registered: 27 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SDSpink:
We shipped our trophies back in 2022. For two re stags and a blackbuck, my total bill to get them back in my hands was in the mid $3K. Never again.

Thanks for posting what it cost you. Only person who has done so on this thread.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thank you for that info. Was that for just the shipping or was that with them crating an prep of hides and skulls to come back. Thanks again

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcap:
quote:

Thank you for that info. Was that for just the shipping or was that with them crating an prep of hides and skulls to come back. Thanks again

That included all the fees.

Posts: 223 | Location: South Dakota, USA | Registered: 27 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thank you

One of Us
Picture of Nevada Wapati
posted Hide Post
I'm finally getting my dip & pack 2022 trophies. Total cost for a red stag, water buffalo, black buck & a ram was $2,309.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What name of your costume agent?

Martin Telleria
www.tsbuenosaires.com

Posts: 70 | Location: Argentina | Registered: 23 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nevada Wapati
posted Hide Post
Federico Testa

One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks for giving the total of what you paid. I think I would be ok with for those animals.

One of Us
Picture of RAR60
posted Hide Post
In 2019, I was in Argentina and a guy I was in camp with from MO. we shared a crate. He had a Red Stag and 3 or 4 other animals and I had a Red Stag. I think landed it was in the range of Nevada Wapiti. Around 2,000.00. That was 5 yrs ago.

Zim 2006
Zim 2007
Namibia 2013
Brown Bear Togiak Nat'l Refuge Sep 2010
Argentina 2019
RSA 2023
SCI Life Member
USMC