Find
Notify
Tools

GATOGORDO ARGENTINA SAFARI
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted
Our good friend Charlie Tuppen aka GATOGORDO and his son ADAM visited us in a 5 days safari .Charlie is an experienced wingshooter with more than 20 safaris here and waned to introduce Aaron ,his son in the famous Argentine wing shooting sport.
Besides wing shooting ,they took buffalo after 2 days pursuing them ,several capibaras ,ONE WITH KNIFE KILLED BY AARON -INDEED HE WAS THE FIRST CLIENT THAT TOOK CAPIBARA WITH KNIFE AND DOGS-
several typical riverine hogs -the hogs from the pastizal correntino looks like bushpigs-,and another species .BOTH CHARLIE AND AARON ARE SUPERB SHOOTERS AND GOOD FRIENDS OF US .

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
MIXED BAD ,PICAZURRO PIDGEONS ,DOVES AND PERIQUITS

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
DECOYED PIDGEONS

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
HAVING GOOD TIME popcorn

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
CAPIBARA WITH RIFLE

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
CAPIBARA WITH DOGS AND KNIFE

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
RIVERINE HOGS

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
BUFFALO

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well done ... tu2

Posts: 1532 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Im Marcos fischer one of Juans guides ,sadly i didnt guide this group ,congratulations andnext time ill be with you.

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar professional hunter

Posts: 331 | Location: Argentina | Registered: 29 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Congratulations and well done.... beer

I am off to South Africa in the morning....wish Juan and Marcos were going with...

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Guillermo Amestoy
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to all of You Gentlemens, look like You have a wonderfull time. Thanks for sharing. Guille

"Every ignored reallity prepares its revenge!"

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
Looks like a great hunt.
I am alway surprised that you guys on the other side of the equator have cool/cold weather. Yes. I've seen the programs on PBS, read Nationsl G. and read about it in various novels. I'm still surprised.
How cold does it get?

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In the north of the country about 46 on winter, but most of the year about 100, in the Patagonia (South) 91 on summer from to 5 on winter with heavy snow... Fahrenheit of course.Look in the web site...K.R. G1

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Juan, looks like you did it again as usual!! tu2 Congrats to Charlie and Adam on some really great looking trophies and looks like a good time was had by all. The way everyone is bundled up, must have been a little colder than when I was there in May?

Charlie/Adam - Is there a detailed hunt report coming to the AR area sometime soon??

Guille (the Weather Man), thanks for some details on what it's like in your area in Winter time my friend.

Larry Sellers

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
We have had another great expedition ,i must say thanks to my PH Julio a great professional

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Guille (the Weather Man), thanks for some details on what it's like in your area in Winter time my friend.Larry Sellers

Hi, Larry, regarding Cordoba: on summer go from 68 to 98,5, winter from 28 to 60, Springtime about 68 but windy, Autum 59 to 64,4 with sporadics rains and wind too.
Sprimgtime start on September 21, Summer aprox. from November to March, Autum from April to May and then the fucking winter, the opossite to the States.
A f...Hot XMmas here, ja,ja,, S. Klaus use just bathing-costume... Big Hug.
G1

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
I'm not big on writing reports, plus my son, ADAM, not Aaron, is at a freshman UT Austin function until Wed, so pics are out of the question. Of course, I got home to have pics scattered over 3 or 4 forums anyway.

At any rate, the green parrots are fairly easy targets BUT they have large wings and can cut and dive on you in a NY second. I rank the 3 birds we were on as parrots easiest, then pigeons, then doves. We were a little unlucky on the weather, it was damn cold and even more damned windy, lows in 30s/low 40s in morning, and highs in mid to high 50s in afternoon. Pretty chilly when we left a balmy 105 in Texas. The wind was an unceasing 15 to 20 with gusts at 30 or above. Our fearless guides and most of the Argentines we saw were wrapped up like they expected the next ice age to arrive any moment. The weather significantly cut down on numbers of birds but Adam and I shot all we wanted, about 5 cases of shells in 3 days. This is a REALLY low total for Argentina but neither of us had shot for a while and, I spent a lot of time watching my son shoot and he shot quite well for a beginner if I do say so myself. Even with the conditions, had we been serious shooters, it would have been easy to shoot twice as many shells or more if you didn't mind missing a helluva lot of downwind doves.

Under normal conditions or against the wind parrots are easy. Downwind they get quite difficult. Triples are difficult because of the duck and dive factor. It's fairly easy to kill 2 with one shot if you wait for the shot. With the heavy winds and cold, there were many "patterns" of targets available and the shooting was challenging overall to say the least. Unlike what is posted by Juan, I shot very poorly IMO but it was fun.

There are many multiples more parrots now then when I was last there 10 years ago or so. It's hard not to feel sympathy for them, they come back to fallen birds, will land around dead ones, etc. OTOH, they are a "plaga" and fun to shoot.

We didn't eat any, they are pretty small, like a dove, but they basically eat fruit, grain, and nuts so should be tasty.

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of Don_G
posted Hide Post
One of these days.... Smiler

Don_G

...from Texas, by way of Mason, Ohio and Aurora, Colorado!

Posts: 1645 | Location: Elizabeth, Colorado | Registered: 13 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a good time.

I got 22 days to go Argentina here I come.

Posts: 41762 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Dear friends ,we have had a grea safari but experimented the worst weather you can imagine ,rain cold ,windy conditions ,most of the big game bedded and and the birds treed ,the buffalo hunt was very difficult we need several days to achieve succes .We have wild buffalo and you must expect to stay a nigth or 2 in tents in the jungle a great experience for real hunters .

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Picture of Willem de Jager
posted Hide Post
Well done Gatogordo (and son) - looks as if you guys had a wondeful time with Juan. Great buffalo and capibara - well done. Did you hunt the buffalo in the Corrientes province? Well done too, Juan and Julio, on yet another great hunt. Good luck Argentina with the rugby tomorrow - I will be at Newlands watching them play the Springboks, hooha

Posts: 16 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 21 July 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Willem dear friend ,how are you yes we hunt inthe same area ,2 days after buffalo very elusive,GATOGORDO ,WACHT IKY PLAY RUGBY ,HE LOST ONE DAY OF HUNTING JUST TO SEE IKY TOMORROW HE PLAYS AGAIN AFTER THE BOKS-PUMAS MACHT.

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like a good time!

I hope you have a couple of good Buffalo Bulls found for Kevin and I.

17 days to go!

Posts: 41762 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
JIM WE WILL WORK HARD TO FIND A GOOD BULL WE WILL STAY IN THE JUNGLE UNTIL YOU GET THE BULL.

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Outstanding! I can hardly wait, it's getting harder everyday.

one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Hey Charlie,

I am glad you got to make the trip!! I know that Doc Juan treated you to his exceptional hospitality and a great hunt!

Congrats!!

Juan-Well done.....as usual!!

Bob

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
First Gatogordo safari .........

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
Outstanding! I can hardly wait, it's getting harder everyday.

Saw a bunch of Gato and Adams pix on facebook.

Jim, hope you have a ball and take lots of Pix. Have Iky post your pix on facebook for us that are stuck here in the states.......

Best,

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Geedubya wrote:

quote:
Jim, hope you have a ball and take lots of Pix. Have Iky post your pix on facebook for us that are stuck here in the states.......

Ummmm, Jim's post and his hunt was 3 years ago. Juan isn't happy with simply posting pics of your current hunt, he has to drag up old hunt pics for advertising purposes.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
new or old, they remain enjoyable to look at.

Best,

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
My good friend Charlie Tuppen has died ,im very sad ,i i sent my condolences to his son Adam .
He was a great wing shooter ,a character ,and a true adventurer with a lot of experience in Argentina .We shared man adventures ,ill see him in the Valahalla .
drJuan Pablo Pozzi

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
Picture of Thomas "Ty" Beaham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by georgeld:
Juan:

Billinthewild died not long ago too.

sad days to lose such fine guys.

George

George are you certain of that?

Are you sure you haven't confused Billinthewild (Bill B.) with our recently departed friend Bill Quimby?

Ty

Posts: 2914 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 07 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Are you sure ....ill find out

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ty:

Sure as hell did. My apologies all around.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5935 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My wife and I just returned Saturday from a trip to Argentina/Chile. Last Wednesday we were to land on Cape Horn. The wind was gusting to 70 MPH and the temp was 41 deg (F). Those sailors that sailed that country 200 years ago were tough S.O.B.s. We went from Shorts and flip flops at Iguasu Falls to boots, heavy jackets, fleece and gloves at Tierra del Fuego. Packing our stuff was interesting. Drug out my old hunting boots and duck hunting gear. Some folks ruined their sneakers, they were warned though.

Posts: 451 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 03 January 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We miss Charlie he came 3 season starigth to hunt with us ,his son bagged over 50 ducks in a morning one day .
Cheers IKY

Posts: 25 | Location: cordoba argentina | Registered: 05 January 2013Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IKYPOZZI:
We miss Charlie he came 3 season starigth to hunt with us ,his son bagged over 50 ducks in a morning one day .
Cheers IKY

Yes we do.

Charlie was great fun to have around!

Nasty, rude, politically non correct!

Just like me.

That is why we got on so well together.

May he rest in peace! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66839 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nasty, rude, politically non correct!

Just like me.

Damn, Saeed, you're funny! rotflmo hilbily yuck

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Dear Saeed he told us many tales about you ..... Smilerwhen you arrive in your jet full of shells and shotguns to shoot with them .....my son loved his tales .

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA