Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting in Argentina
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted
Over Christmas, i will visit Juan Pozzi for some hunting, im looking forward to it very much.

Argentina wont be the same after "El Gringo" has visited them Big Grin

Posts: 1196 | Location: Kristiansand,Norway | Registered: 20 April 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Mr. Rigby -- what will you be hunting (hogs I assume!)? Also, what firearm/s will you be taking with you?

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted Hide Post
i havent deceide yet exactly what to hunt , but that will come soon on what i am planning.

rifle, not sure either, but the .300 win mag will be a good choice to bring due to ammo and such.

but i will put more info here when i have deceide more.

Posts: 1196 | Location: Kristiansand,Norway | Registered: 20 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Saeed and Don. South America still offers some of the best hunting and fishing opportunities in the world and we are glad to meet visitors from abroad. beer

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr rigby:
i havent deceide yet exactly what to hunt , but that will come soon on what i am planning.
rifle, not sure either, but the .300 win mag will be a good choice to bring due to ammo and such. but i will put more info here when i have deceide more.

Suggestion. If you take a shotgun take a 12 ga. modified and full. The birds fly high and fast. I took my 20 gauge Garbi and really enjoyed using it, but improved and modified was not tight enough. Any good caliber rifle will work well. You will have a wonderful time and I wish I could go back with you. wave

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted Hide Post
Hi Bill

If i only had a drilling, i could have brought just that one and nothing more than one weapon.

I have a Browning 12 ga, but that have a heavy stock as its a trap model, but i think that a nice walnut stock will be in order on it in a while.

Well the 300 , i know good ,a fter having shot a good deal with it, just on paper and in paper testing bullets, but its a good cartridge and i understand why the SCI guys like it very much .

So ill get some good 200 grain bullets for it and load it up.

I fear that it will be a tour every year over to Argentina, but there is worse illness than going over there for hunting.

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Mr. Rigby. Talk to Juan, he may have shotguns you can use.....with my 300 Win, I have had excellent success with 180 grain bullets, even on game as large as Eland. And, take a knife!!

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted Hide Post
Alright , ill talk to him,about the borrowing of a shotgun, but im in negoatiing with a knifesmith over here for a knife that i can use over in Argentina.

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Yes i have several shotguns but the most important is the knife bring a good knife and train a bit with it .Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted Hide Post
Learn the way of the steel Nordic Brother.

Cheers,

André

Always always use enough... GUN & KNIFE

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted Hide Post
Andrè PM on the way

One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted Hide Post
What books is fine for the learning of our ancient way of hunting and fighting.

Since i havent been much in the big knife world yet, thats something i have to learn.

Well who knows if im of Viking bllod, perhaps the spirit of my ancient forefather who hasnt felt the thrust of the blade in a 1000 years, will feel it in 2 months..

One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted Hide Post
I have ordered a Puma bowie knife which will be fine to have and , i think i have to pack my old army beret in the suitcase aswell in case i get PHC`s spirit on visit.

Anybody who has a .375 H&H with Winchester Silvertip ammo i can borrow if that happends?? Big Grin

All i need now is a swiss Army knife to have as a multitool on the belt.

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Mr rigby on saturday we will have a seminar of knife combat kali style with an SF instructor then at nigth we will go on a pig sticking hunt ,its a pity that you are not here yet.Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted Hide Post
Yes, its a pity, im almost crying on the keyboard on that golden opportunity lost at this time, but perhpas, it will be every year this seminar so it will be possible to enjoy it at a later time?

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
In our local hunters club im the shooting instructor ,so in the local shooting club so im in charge of all the seminars we have periodically SF personnel given classes .Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA