Find
Notify
Tools

Big Game species of Argentina
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted
In our country you can hunt red stag,axis deer,fallow deer,wild boar,lipped peccary,collared peccary,feral hogs,puma,mouflon,thar,ibex,4horn ram,feral ram,somali ram,feral goats,foxes,water buffalo 3 species,black buck,and a lot of feral cattle donkeys,etc,there are too two species of brocket deer,capibara and not permitted now pampas deer,swamp deer ,huemul,pudu,taruca,jaguars giant peccary,several alligators ,several wild cats,nandues,tapir,etc,.Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
WOW! How far do you have to travel to get from one species to another for hunting?

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
iT DEPENDS BUT IN SOME CASES MORE THAN 1000KMS.Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How much luck have you had with jaguars?

Posts: 223 | Location: close but no cigar | Registered: 03 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
We dont hunt jaguars its illegal.Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

posted Hide Post
Hi, Who would I need to speak with to find some prices on these hunts?

Swift Silent Deadly

Posts: 2 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 09 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
Juan:

You mentioned three types of peccaries -- the collared, white-lipped, and giant.

I assume when you say "giant" you mean the Chaco peccary. I didn't know they occured in Argentina. Can they be hunted legally?

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Yes there are some in the Chaco province but they are banned.Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
Are there many? Do you have access to photos or drawings? I'm interested in seeing how they differ from the collared and white-lipped varieties.

My granddaughter and I visited the Igausu Falls in 2005. On my map it seems we were not far from Chaco ... were we?

Gracíous, mi amígo. Bien caziendo.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bill Quimby: the Iguazu Falls are near the Chaco Province, perhaps a few hundred kilometers (I didn´t have a map here).
Regards

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote