New
Find
Notify
Tools

A different bar b que sauce
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
ran out of stuff at the ranch, it was a 125 miles to town, so I emprovised ...

I found a big can of Jalapenos in oil, salted a goat painted it with Oil and topped with those peppers and on the mesquite coals it went and I mopped it ever 30 minutes or so..It was so good I later tried it on a hindquarter of beef and it was good their also..so when I bar b que today with regular sauce I mix I do part in my regular and part in the pickled Jalapeno can...

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41758 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Ray, I had not even heard of jalapenos or any peppers in oil. Looked it up and there are a bunch of recipes. I will try that part. Were your "hellapeenies" in oil store-bought or put up at home?

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16306 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Ray, I'll send you a bottle of Mo's BBQ sauce from a local guy. Good stuff. Bill can verify + I'll bet John has eaten there as well.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Ray, take Randy up on that offer of the Mo's. Damned good stuff!

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16306 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
Ray, I'll send you a bottle of Mo's BBQ sauce from a local guy. Good stuff. Bill can verify + I'll bet John has eaten there as well.

donde?

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My father, in his mid-eighties, makes the best brisket I've ever tasted on this brick "thing" he has in his back yard. And he will rail on anyone that dares to use sauce on his brisket.

Despite the parental pressure, while I keep it to a minimum, I do appreciate a good BBQ sauce. It should have quite a bit of mustard and a lot of vinegar from cans of jalepenos. I used to make it from scratch, but that's a lot of work. Not much difference to take a bottle of Mr. Stubbs and add the mustard and vinegar, along with a few spices.

Posts: 9951 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
John C., I was talking about Ray's son who lives just down the road from me.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
John C., I was talking about Ray's son who lives just down the road from me.

I think John C. was wanting to go to Mo’s, as he’s Austin área.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3428 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
John C. tends to avoid the Austin area as the new sodom + Gomorrah (+ he's not far off). But Mo's Q is worth a minor sojourn into the surrounding areas.