Find
Notify
Tools

Another New Mexico tradition
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
I have seen people pile three to four of these 25-pound crates in a grocery cart and make a bee-line for checkout and the roasters in the parking lot.

IMG_20190728_132304170 by ComeWatson, on Flickr

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16306 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
DAMN YOU TO HELL BILL!

I don't even have an HEB within driving range. Maybe Whole Foods will get them in.

Posts: 13760 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Ken, I am not kidding. Where are you in Tejas? We might be able to arrange an AR hand-off. PM me if you wish.

– John Green, author

Posts: 16306 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
there is NOTHING like a correctly cooked chile relleno made with a fresh hatch green chile. or green enchiladas sauce made from them. we used to buy em in the 50 lb boxes off the docks in el paso and take a few to friends. damn few. our hands used to get red and sore from roasting and peeling em.

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
You're right John; they make one helluva a fine Relleno! If I ate them every day as I would like I would be as big as a barn. I limit myself to going out to eat. For anyone who has not tried a
Chili Relleno, treat yourself to aq taste of
Heaven.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They make great chili verde.

Posts: 1572 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Yes they do, amigo!

– John Green, author

one of us
posted Hide Post
You can buy them roasted peeled and frozen in 8 or 10" square boxes, and one of those boxes compressed with Hatch Chili hold about a months worth of chilis if you eat them with every meal!! They ship them all over the world, Hatch is the only way to go for many recipes..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41763 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I made a cheeseburger the other night layered in Hatch chilies. Damn, that was good!

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I am dying of hunger from reading and seeing all of this! rotflmo tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The best cure for that Amigo, if you Big Grin don't choose to cook at home is to go post-haste to the closest Mexican restaurant.