THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM RECIPES FOR HUNTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Recipes for Hunters    Masterbuilt Gravity Series 560 Digital Grill

Moderators: Ninja Hunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Masterbuilt Gravity Series 560 Digital Grill
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone have any experience with the Masterbuilt Gravity Series 560 Digital Charcoal Grill Plus Smoker?

Home Depot

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks interesting.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My neighbor and cooking comrade bought one today. I am a more than a little skeptical regarding the robustness of the electronics, but he has a covered cooking area that is out of the weather.

But another cooking toy isn't a bad thing. More time to drink beer.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Well, we are all going to spend our money on something, might as well be on something we enjoy + not just bills. Playing with a new pit while having a few beers is another of life's simple pleasures. Please give us an update on performance.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, the "seasoning" of the grill is a three hour process. But the thing had plenty of oil protecting the surfaces. That's all burned off now and the inside has been coated with Safflower Oil to help with the seasoning process.

So far, the thing works as advertised. You set the temperature and the fan/computer/thermostat maintains that temperature as long as there is charcoal to burn.

From the reviews I have read, the grill/smoker seems to hold up well. The phone app is also fairly handy too. But the one year warranty is a litte lite for something so complex.

Will toss some rib-eyes and strips on this afternoon for the first test drive. Our local Costco butcher always comes through with some beautiful Prime cuts.

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Pics please! tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
X 2, also, I agree that Costco has some great cuts of meat, much better than our local grocery store.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, after about 150+ pounds of lump charcoal, 100 pounds of beef (hamburger, hotdogs, tenderloin, rib-eye, strips), 50 lamb chops (awsome), 15 pounds of lobster, countless shrimp, kielbasa, cajun sausage, and two tri-tip roasts - still in process, I must say this grill does it all and does it well. The grill has been working around the clock for two days and the whole neighborhood has been through this weekend.

Being able to hit 700 degrees quickly and then dialing back the temp to finish the cooking is where this shines. It also holds temperature amazingly well and the temperature probes are a big plus - One of the reasons why the Cookshack smoker does such a great job. Because of the temperature control, this is much better than my Green Egg which until now I thought was the bomb.

Glad my neighbor owns this otherwise I would be cooking 24/7 with it. But everytime I smell smoke I run to the refrigerator for meat.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That sounds like a great endorsement!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We fired up the Masterbuilt early Saturday morning and did two pork butts for some pulled pork last night to wait up for the looters. Unfortunately, they didn't come to the party but we had a great meal regardless.

After two weekends of use, the 560 is still pretty impressive. Far more versatile than my Cookshack, and just about as easy. Not ready to get rid of my Cookshack and Weber Performer charcoal grill, but getting more interested in the 560.