Notify
Tools

An Omelet With A Difference
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
We spent the night in the desert.

Cool evening and playing cards.

And as I normally wake before everyone, I was tasked with preparing breakfast.

In the morning, looking at the food we had, saw that there were plenty of eggs.

I chopped some tomatoes, lots of garlic and green chilies.

Put some butter in a large pan, cooked the tomatoes, garlic and chilies for a while, then added enough eggs to satisfy the hunger of those just getting up.

Toasted some bread on the open fire, and had breakfast.

Everyone enjoyed it, some asked for the recipe.

Someone else said "Saeed does not know any recipes. He puts everything together and cooks it".

A very true statement.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66900 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Can't go wrong with garlic, lots of garlic.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
And so I find myself sitting here contemplating something for lunch and this comes up.

Red bell pepper, tomatoes (from the garden), garlic, mixed into two scrambled eggs, a two slices of toast and life is good for the afternoon.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4225 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Damn, Saeed and TCLouis, that is sooooo good! tu2 tu2 tu2 No wonder they wanted the recipe! Saeed, I am sure that you also had the Tabasco with you as well! rotflmo As an aside, we just had two large lugs of fresh Utah garden grown tomatoes delivered by one of our daughters in law. Have been eating them non-stop: cheese/tomato/mayo sandwiches; BLTs; fresh tacos; fresh salsa; chef's salad; grilled cheese/tomato sandwiches; scrambled eggs with fresh tomatoes, garlic, cheese, onions, peppers; just a tomato with salt and ground pepper; . . . . I am a tomato fiend! rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I am too. Something about the soil here makes the best tomatoes. I usually cook + can salsa in the fall. Makes great Christmas presents.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Right on all counts! tu2

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Tomatoes and chilis we grow here in our garden.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66900 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Garden grown is always the tastiest!!! tu2 Growing up, we had a garden that was half an acre. A lot of work, but the numerous varieties and all kinds of vegetables, peppers, potatoes, tomatoes, corn, etc. etc. etc. were the absolute best! I loved irrigating it each week from the irrigation ditch that was full of water each summer that had been stored from snowpack from the Wasatch mountains in a huge reservoir in the mountains above us. Weeding was not so much fun, but we had a rototiller that made it a little easier! We also lived in a medium sized town that was full of large fruit orchards. We had it all. Great memories!

one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
U E G
Tal=ke some of those fresh garden tomatoes, coarsely chop them same with equal part of cucumber, slightly less of finer cut onion, a little Italian dressing and it takes all three to a whole new level.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4225 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will do!! tu2

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Throw in a little diced cilantro + a bit of lime + you almost have pico de gallo.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks gentlemen! tu2

One of Us
Picture of SpicyCrabDip
posted Hide Post
Wonder if some drained Rotel would work here. I could probably add a few diced potatoes (that had been soaking of course)... Mmmm, I know what's for breakfast tomorrow.