New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ouch ~
 Login/Join

one of us
posted

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skinner.
posted Hide Post
Tas, you should really think things through before starting up the chainsaw. I'm not surprised you did this, but I am disappointed in you.

Big Grin

one of us
posted Hide Post
it was the high winds we had yesterday, not a chainsaw. for some damn reason the kids had the smoker clear up by the sidewalk instead of where it belongs, and this is the result. wife sent picture and first thing i said to her was that the wood goes on the INside. CRYBABY

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.autoblog.com/2012/0...hed-by-tree-w-video/

Get a better brand and you can just keep driving !

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, it looks like the beautiful Mrs Tas loves me after all - I just received a text from WalMart.com telling me to go pick up this purchase, made this morning:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Char...coal-Smoker/13056698

This looks to be identical to my SnP (which, according to BrinkMann's website, has been discontinued), except that it's made by CharBroil, with a minor improvement or two: In addition to the coiled handles (which supposedly don't get hot, and are weatherproof), it also weighs 14 pounds more than my old SnP, so I am guessing (hoping) it is a little heavier-duty. I am also assuming (hoping again) my SnP mods will work with this.

I've downloaded the owners/users/manual for both, and will pore through them in order to do a comparison. I won't know how similar they are for sure, of course, until I pick it up after work and then assemble it, season it etc. Then, of course, the final proof will be after I am able to barbecue a mess of ribs or a couple of pork shoulders.

It looks like my "bad week" is looking up - thank you, honey!