THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM RECIPES FOR HUNTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Recipes for Hunters    New kick for fried chicken. Modified.

Moderators: Ninja Hunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New kick for fried chicken. Modified.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted
Tried adding another step to our fried chicken last week. It was total success. Old rating 8.5, new rating a 10. Might work for wild game, not sure.
It really don't add any HOT.

Deep fry your chicken as usual at 375F oil until the internal temp gets to 140F and the chicken is still a bit pale. Dip the pieces in a mix of 1 cup hot sauce (Valentina is what we use) and a sploosh of chlorine-free water and fry until the water cooks off. Re-dip and fry until it's temp is around 170.
P.S. We de-fat/moisture the skin with a heavy layer of sea salt for 2 hours prior to cooking. Then rinse thoroughly as you massage it to get the salt off. Then pat dry and season and coat with flour lightly.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5097 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5097 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nvmichael
posted Hide Post
That looks good. I’ve never tried Valentina. Is it hot?
Doesn’t the water sizzle and send hot oil flying all over your kitchen?

Posts: 1070 | Location: NV | Registered: 27 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Valentina is probably on the light side of medium, easy on the vinegar, no citric. Tastes like ripe cherry pepper kind of.
Water flare up less than 2 inches. Nothing crazy.

One of Us
Picture of nvmichael
posted Hide Post
Thanks

Posts: 1070 | Location: NV | Registered: 27 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
That looks really good. I cook a lot of things but have never gotten the hang of fried chicken. I love to eat it though. Smiler

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
My biggest hurdle in 3-4 years had been finding high Q fresh tasty chicken. Bland in = bland out ya know. Per doodoo has been sub par since the young-un took over. The ol'' man would be pissed.
Next challenge, the ultimate boneless chicken breast.
The Wife perfected the cutlets already.
Eat good.

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I LOVE fried chicken! tu2

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Oh, baby! tu2

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16352 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looking at the pics again makes me hungry once more!

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have been looking for a great friend chicken place ever since we moved to Vegas. UEG are you listening? The Yard bird in the Venetian Hotel. OMGOODNESS!

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12861 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I am moving this one toward the top of the list. It just looks too good not to try!
Randy, that Serbian/Barberton chicken recipe down below convinced me that with practice, I too, a white boy from Oregon, could fry edible chicken. Give it a try -- and just be sure your oil is deep enough that the chicken pieces can float in it. hilbily

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16352 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have been looking for a great friend chicken place ever since we moved to Vegas. UEG are you listening? The Yard bird in the Venetian Hotel. OMGOODNESS!

Yes, Mark, I am listening! We have tried the chicken at the Yard Bird, at the Venetian. It's been some time ago, but we've been there a number of times. One of our daughters put us all on to it back in the day. It is outstanding.

I love fried chicken, but most of the time it's either my wife's fried chicken, which is fantastic, or if I'm on the fly, then it's Popeye's chicken breasts. I had some KFC the other night. Not again.

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
I highly recommend using a digital thermometer because I have seen the regular ones being off as much as 10 degrees and that is huge when it comes to fried chicken, pork and the rarer beef.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27595 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Vaughn, I agree with your preference for Popeyes + no use for KFCs "bucket of beaks". Funny, I can make great chicken fried steak strips w/ gravy but actual chicken I've had a hard time with.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Funny, I can make great chicken fried steak strips w/ gravy

Damn, Randy, that sounds SO GOOD! tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know If I want the boys to come over right away I just tell them that's whats on the stove + I get instant results. tu2