THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM RECIPES FOR HUNTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Recipes for Hunters    How to prepare rotten shark (seriously)

Moderators: Ninja Hunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to prepare rotten shark (seriously)
 Login/Join

one of us
posted

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skinner.
posted Hide Post
I was given a little slice of hakarl, the fermented Greenland shark, when I was in Iceland, followed it up with a shot of Black Death, the Icelandic schnapps.

I survived. But after years of commercial fishing and trapping not much bothers me, probably ate too many sandwiches with fish or furbearer viscera, urine, blood, etc. on my hands to worry about something like putrified shark flesh.

Big Grin

One thing I recall in Iceland that was kinda strange but I enjoyed was a chunk of the ventral groove of a fin whale that was part blubber with a fringe of muscle that was pickled in whey and aged. It was kinda like a firm cheese that was sliced and eaten along with more shots of booze.

I like experiencing the traditional stuff wherever I go.