Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question for Saeed
 Login/Join

posted
Just wondering i dunno if its Against you Relgion but i was wondering is there any Arab Recipes you put into wild game?? Just tring to Get my thinker Ticking LOL [Big Grin]

Posts: 174 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 14 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think I remember reading somewhere's that most modern arab recipes start off with:

send pakistani/indian to restaurant...... [Wink]

Posts: 562 | Location: Northern Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The following site has some recipes from the middle east as well as the rest of the world. Some interesting dishes here:

http://www.recipesource.com/

Ryan

Posts: 425 | Location: Minnesota, USA | Registered: 01 April 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Ninja Hunter,

Welcome to the forum, and please accept my appologies for not answering you earlier.

I am sleeping on my job it seems.

I think the first wild game animal I hav ever eaten was a rabbit. We were out in the desert with my granfather.

Beduins try to travel light, and make do with what they have. Hence the basic way of preparing food.

We light a fire, and once it is lit, we dig a sort fo a hollow at the edge of it, and put the rabbit in that hollow, cover it with a bit of sand, and put part of the fire on top of the sand.

The rabbit is put there as is, with skin and without being gutted.

This is normally done in the evening as we retire to bed. When we wake up in the morning, the rabbit is well and truly done. We dig it up, and apart from some places where the hair might have been burnt slightly, the rabbit does not look cooked at all.

But, as you peel teh skin off, you find the meat is well cooked.

Everything is eaten, including the stomach content and brain.

A stable dish in the desert is a game stew. It could be rabbit, birds or gazelle.

The meat is cut up and put in a large pot with plenty of water. Large amounts of chopped onions, garlic and dried lime is added, with any spices that is at hand, with salt to taste.

The meat is generally cooked for several hours, and it is eaten with boiled rice.

Another good recipe is to cook rice with palm date juice. This juice is very think and dark - very similar to mollases.

This rice is generally eaten with grilled fish.

Posts: 66927 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote