Find
Notify
Tools

Brownies (to die for).
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted
Here we go.This ia a dbl. batch,but this the recipe. ...1 lb. butter (melted),8 T. cocoa ,8 eggs,4 C.Brown sugar,4T. Karo dark cane syrup,1 t. vanilla,3C. flour,2 t. backing powder,2 t salt. Approx. 1 lb. of pecan pieces. Mix the dry stuff 1st,etc.Bake @ 325 for 45 minutes IN A PROPERLY CALIBRATED OVEN." Done correctly,these will be the best brownies you have ever eaten.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Its has a pound of butter. Going to pass this onto the wife.

Posts: 1284 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bear in mind that none of us eat that many brownies in one sitting;however we put a couple into all the cowboys lunches + that will make their day.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
NC,

I like the way you cook. Every recipe starts with "a pound of butter".

Posts: 9954 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
Yep me too---Pound of butter!
Read the recipe to the Wife- her only reply was

Really? a pound?

Now I'm gonna have to bake some!

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7503 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
NC,

I tried the brownie recipie yesterday. Very good! You know how the first time is......it will get better every time.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The only thing missing is a bag of chocolate chips.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Although I didn't partake of them, I remember quite a few people back in the 70s who claimed their brownie recipe was the best. I never wanted to try them because they always looked kind of green to me.

If you have heart disease a pound of butter and all of those eggs would be to die for.

Posts: 2059 | Location: Mpls., MN | Registered: 28 June 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I eat 4-6 eggs every day + butter and the last cholerterol teast was 'perfect right on' as the doc said.
It's not the butter and eggs , it's the hydrogenated fats ans sugar.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
some people seem able to eat anything they want and still have normal cholesterol. Others, like myself, only need look at butter and eggs, etc. and have very high cholesterol.

I partially agree with your doctor. There are some folks who go their entire life with high cholesterol and never have atherosclerosis. And there are others with very low cholesterol that die at an early age from atherosclerosis.

So there must be something more to it than just cholesterol. The interesting thing is that if you look at the obituary section of the newspaper of your closest large city you will often see that a doctor has died of heart disease or a heart attack. So it appears that the doctors don't know either!

Posts: 2059 | Location: Mpls., MN | Registered: 28 June 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Norman,

Please explain your measure abbreviations so us "oven challenged" types can give this recipe a "red hot go".

You've got me intrigued.........and these brownies won't ruin my figure now......that was wrecked years ago.

Posts: 348 | Location: queensland, australia | Registered: 07 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Standard abbr.

C=Cup
T=Tablespoon
t=Teaspoon

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Charlie.