New
Find
Notify
Tools

Smokers
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone running their Smokers in their down time?

Posts: 143 | Location: mid-michigan | Registered: 04 May 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cold-smoked some cheese, and that's about all. I place my smoker tube in the fire box of my smoker, and the cheese in the cooking chamber, light the pellets in the smoker tube, and come back in about four hours. Two weeks later start eating.

If things loosen-up in a month or so, I'll go hunt a hog, and do some for-real smoking.

Posts: 13771 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Ken, I was thinking about smoking a cubed-up baby loaf of Tillamook myself. I like to do it with the smoke tube in the gasser on a cool morning, but now that we are getting some heat, I may have to wait.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16348 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Had a senior moment this mourning and slid away from the Wardens clutches, made my way to Krogers and bought 6 Pork Butts at $1.19 LBS. Pork rib's are on-deck then maybe a Meatloaf latter in the week? Need to lay my hands on a packer brisket to keep the Roll going. May live in the sticks but we're still "Eating Good in the Hood).

Posts: 143 | Location: mid-michigan | Registered: 04 May 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've lost seven (7) pounds since being under house arrest. Buckey, I swear to God, you are going to gain twenty-five.

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I've got a friend here in Las Vegas that smokes between 600 and 900 pounds of pork (some chicken at times) in his smoker very early each Wednesday morning (starts way before the sun comes up). He then gives it away on Wednesday afternoon at 4:30 pm to those who want it for a donation of $5 (he'll take more if it's offered and he uses it to buy meat for the next week). He has literally been feeding hundreds of people a week for the last number of weeks. It is damn good stuff. He used to own a restaurant called Billy's BBQ. William Palmer is his name if you want to look him up on Facebook. He has some pics of it each week. tu2

one of us
posted Hide Post
Bill, how did you find Tillamook in Alamogordo? I'm about to break in to some Cacique Oaxaca tomorrow. That is one of my wife's favorites. I'm not sure whether she will like it smoked. https://www.caciqueinc.com/products/oaxaca/ I'll bet you can find that in N.M.

The Oaxaca is similar to a cheese in Venezuela called las trenzas. It was also in the mozzarella family and plaited in what looked like a braid, instead of the Oaxaca knot. We would always try to pick up some "trenzas" in Bachaquero when we would drive back from the Andes.

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
UEG, now that's a nice man helping out his community + keeping busy in his retirement. Good for him!

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Actually, he's not retired. Big Grin He's in his 30's and practices law in his real life. He went to law school with one of my son-in-laws. He has a BIG heart and would do anything for anyone. Kind of an oxymoron, being a lawyer! Big Grin tu2 Sorry, he's the younger William Palmer, named after his daddy. His daddy might be retired. He was/is an attorney too. tu2