New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hard boiled eggs
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I figured out a really easy way to peel hard boiled eggs. 
Put one in a jar. I used a quart jar but a pint jar would probably work. 
Add water until the egg is about 3/4 covered and put a lid on the jar. 
Shake the crap out of it. 
Most of the time the shell will be off and the egg is in perfect shape. 
Had a couple that had tougher skins but they peeled pretty good by hand once I got the skin broken. 
Not exactly a recipe, but it makes the job of making things with hard boiled eggs much easier.

Posts: 273 | Location: Northern MN | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I always just immerse them in ice water after the boil. The shells come right off.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
I always just immerse them in ice water after the boil. The shells come right off.

Try really fresh eggs (not from the store). No way. This is the reason I don't use fresh eggs for two weeks or so.

Posts: 2067 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A woman was having breakfast with her husband who loved tongue and ate it every day for breakfast.

SHE----How can you eat something that comes out of an animals mouth every day for breakfast ?

HE-----Shut up Dear and eat your eggs !

Hip

Posts: 1793 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Jiri you may be right. I have'nt had chickens in many years. Buying from the store is easier than taking care of them although I must admit that fresh real yard eggs are so superior to what you get in the store,just like tomatoes.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote