THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM RECIPES FOR HUNTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Recipes for Hunters    Non-Classical Breakfast Burrito or Omlette

Moderators: Ninja Hunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Non-Classical Breakfast Burrito or Omlette
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
I usually have this in omlette form a couple of times a week.

1/4 cup Chorizo fried and chopped into 1/4 inch or smaller pieces
1/4 cup Bacon fried and chopped into 1/4 inch or smaller pieces (not completed cooked hard though mohagany color, not more than that
1/4 cup Breakfast sausage fried and chopped into 1/4 inch or smaller pieces
1/4 cup Ham fried and chopped into 1/4 inch or smaller pieces
2 tablespoons Hatch green chilies
2 tablespoons chopped tomatoes
2 tablespoons chopped onions (I don't fry them, but you could)
2-3 eggs
grated cheese
Salsa (oven roast 1 pound poblanos, 1 pound tomatillows, and one pound Anaheim (because you can probably get those if you don't live in New Mexico) or Hatch chilies for an hour in the over tossed with olive oil) pull while hot and place into a plastic sack to sweat the skins off of it. Then run through a blender, salt and pepper to taste) TRUST ME THIS IS THE BEST SALSA IN THE WORLD!
Big tortillas! I use omlettes

I usually keep all the meats in the fridge after frying everything up on Saturday morning in a mixed meat container where I have mixed all the meats up to save time.

Start out by putting all the meats, some oil (I use butter) the chilies, tomatoes and onions in a hot frying pan and getting warmed up. I like fried onions, but there is enough fried stuff in this burrito that I think the onions are better fresh for balance.

Cook eggs in omlette form and then spoon in the cooked hot mixture, cover with cheese and salsa!

I don't like to put potatoes in mine, as I don't do carbohydrates due to a health issue. You easily could put either pre-made hashbrowns or make them yourself. I have had it with hashbrowns, and I am not as much of a fan.

Burritos would be just as easy to do. I much prefer burritos over an omelette, but health dictates otherwise.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
I usually have this in omlette form a couple of times a week.

1/4 cup Chorizo fried and chopped into 1/4 inch or smaller pieces
1/4 cup Bacon fried and chopped into 1/4 inch or smaller pieces (not completed cooked hard though mohagany color, not more than that
1/4 cup Breakfast sausage fried and chopped into 1/4 inch or smaller pieces
1/4 cup Ham fried and chopped into 1/4 inch or smaller pieces
2 tablespoons Hatch green chilies
2 tablespoons chopped tomatoes
2 tablespoons chopped onions (I don't fry them, but you could)
2-3 eggs
grated cheese
Salsa (oven roast 1 pound poblanos, 1 pound tomatillows, and one pound Anaheim (because you can probably get those if you don't live in New Mexico) or Hatch chilies for an hour in the over tossed with olive oil) pull while hot and place into a plastic sack to sweat the skins off of it. Then run through a blender, salt and pepper to taste) TRUST ME THIS IS THE BEST SALSA IN THE WORLD!
Big tortillas! I use omlettes

I usually keep all the meats in the fridge after frying everything up on Saturday morning in a mixed meat container where I have mixed all the meats up to save time.

Start out by putting all the meats, some oil (I use butter) the chilies, tomatoes and onions in a hot frying pan and getting warmed up. I like fried onions, but there is enough fried stuff in this burrito that I think the onions are better fresh for balance.

Cook eggs in omlette form and then spoon in the cooked hot mixture, cover with cheese and salsa!

I don't like to put potatoes in mine, as I don't do carbohydrates due to a health issue. You easily could put either pre-made hashbrowns or make them yourself. I have had it with hashbrowns, and I am not as much of a fan.

Burritos would be just as easy to do. I much prefer burritos over an omelette, but health dictates otherwise.

Too much work.... I just used to head to the Smokey Bear restaurant and motel in Capitan NM and get their breakfast burrito plate and a cup of coffee if I wasn't shooting that morning. Otherwise water... LOL

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the only time I go to that much effort is if I have company over. Just for me, I'll do without.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
BWW: In spite of the work, that sounds awesome! tu2 I will have to eventually give it a try! tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
One of my daughters-in-law is from Mexico City + one helluva cook. On holidays when the family gets together she tries to run me out of the kitchen (sometimes works) +| she rules the roost.( I have found over the years that arguing with a Mexican woman is a waste of time + breath) She makes the best traditional meals + frankly, I enjoy her help. Her salsa + guacamole are to die for!

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
BWW,

That recipe sounds fantastic. Have you run it past your physician?

Posts: 9994 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Like Red Foxx said, "Those of you who don't smoke, drink, run around, or eat rich foods are gonna feel funny as hell lying up in the hospital dying from nothing."