Find
Notify
Tools

turkey
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
why is it that you can cook a 10# turkey and have 18# of leftovers

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Not enough relatives.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't think I will have a vacancy problem this year as all the kids + theirs come to Dad's for Thanksgiving + Christmas.It means a lot to me + enjoy the cooking + the smell of fresh baked bread in the house is the smell of heaven.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was thinking about Gato today and ordered a 10# smoked turkey from Greenberg's. https://gobblegobble.com/ He always said they were excellent. No muss, no fuss this year.

Posts: 13773 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He would know;thanks for the turn on Ken.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was thinking of that too. I need to get the turkey far enough in advance to brine it for several days. I don't think I'll do a week like Greenberg's. I will always be judging Q with a thought to Gato's reviews.

Tom

Posts: 341 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 21 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Charlies opinions were always spot on ;to his tastes. I admit that he knew his Q but we had tried a couple + had different opinions.Taste as we know is independant.As the saying goes 'that's why they make Ford's + Chevy's'.As to the Thanksgiving dinner if any one cares,I will be cooking for my boys + their families.Turkey,dressing,mashed potatoes + gravy+ fresh baked bread.Happy Thanksgiving to all + hope your family is near (if you want them)