New
Find
Notify
Tools

Top Recipes For BBQ Favorites
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
For what it's worth. https://www.foodnetwork.com/fn...becue-favorites-ribs Must be a slow day. This article is four years old and back on the news service as if it is brand new. Something sad about that.

Posts: 13767 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Maybe because Charlie is not here now to give them a swift kick in the backside + keep things going on the Q. subject. Wink

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
On the lighter side, many years ago I took the family out to Rudy's BBQ on 183 + they had an in house TV going on that showed the kitchen prep, counter, etc. My ex daughter in law who was a blonde in every way just stared at that TV while we were eating + said, "Look, that cooking show is on again." She was great for unintentional comic relief.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
She was a case indeed. On another occasion, she called me on the phone as their house was behind my shop + asked what was the current postage rate. She was short a few cents so I said I had some 10 cent makeup stamps + would bring here one over. She was on the phone with a girlfriend when I gave her the 10 cent Harry Truman stamp + she asks me, "Who's he?" I said, Harry Truman, the president, you know the one who dropped the bomb? She says "What bomb?" She says into the phone to the other girl, "Do you know who Harry Truman is?" + the other girl says, "Why, is he out in the yard?" I just turned + walked away.

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Randy: It sounds like you could write a book on your experiences with her! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I could indeed! I admit that she was a real sweetheart + meant well + was a good mother but she had that streak of stupidity that if nothing else gave for good stories.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
On the lighter side, many years ago I took the family out to Rudy's BBQ on 183 + they had an in house TV going on that showed the kitchen prep, counter, etc. My ex daughter in law who was a blonde in every way just stared at that TV while we were eating + said, "Look, that cooking show is on again." She was great for unintentional comic relief.

My wife, and daughter, have many blonde friends!

I make non stop fun of them - my wife tells me off sofa.

But it has not stopped them laughing!

Last night the kids were watching a movie, and I joined them.

They were 19 and below, and according to them I fit in perfectly because I am 12 mentally!

And being 12 year old I can bloody well make fun of anyone!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66877 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote