Find
Notify
Tools

Speaking of pintos
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
Will need a bag of new crop Estancias ...

https://www.newmexico.org/nmma...vhfcki6tbTMelk-oVp4c

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16306 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
It's starting to get to that time of year Bill.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Randy, I am always looking for a good excuse for a road trip, and this looks like one of them!

Cool

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16306 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can't beat a good pot of beans. Of course, I was born about a mile north of the Border so I'd barely be a citizen if my parents weren't. My mother used to cook them in a pressure cooker.

We started with dried beans. Washed them and sorted out all the rocks. Then you do a bean soup in the pressure cooker, add chili pequin's, which grew wild in the back yard. First day is good, but they get really good a few days later after a few re-heatings, as they thicken.

Posts: 9954 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Yes indeed. I have several chili pequin bushes here on the property but most likely will not after this coming Monday's arctic front.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote