New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zesty Italian Wild Turkey
 Login/Join

Picture of rinn69
posted
Just got my first wild turkey the other day and found this recipe online and gave it a shot...it is AWESOME !!! The wife even ate it and she doesn't like turkey (wild or not). ZERO gamey taste. My only suggestions are to cut the meat into 1" x 1" long strips and completely cover the meat with the butter/olive oil before you cook it--keeps it moist. Cheers!

o 1 wild turkey breast halves
o 8 ounces zesty Italian salad dressing
o 8 ounces white wine
o 1 small reynolds oven cooking bags
o creole seasoning
o lemon pepper seasoning
o 1/2 cup butter
o 2/3 cup olive oil

1. Mix the dressing and wine.
2. Pour into a 1 gallon size zip-lock bag.
3. Add the turkey breast and marinate overnight, turning at least once.
4. Drain off the marinade & discard.
5. Sprinkle turkey breast with the seasonings.
6. Place in oven roasting bag.
7. Melt the butter in the olive oil and add to the turkey breast.
8. Place the roasting bag & turkey breast in a 9"x5" loaf pan.
9. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours

Posts: 3 | Location: Wichita Falls TX | Registered: 17 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wild turkey breast has ZERO gamy taste anyway. I've never been a fan of heavy gaminess either, but I just pound the breast and make fried cutlets.....delicious hot or cold, with or w/o anything on them. My point: try them next time w/o disguising the taste of the meat and you'll know what I mean. I'm sure your recipe tastes good though. Wink

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wild turkey is such a great meat. It tastes like turkey a nice rich full flavor not tasteless like store bought. Pound out breast slices nice and thin breadcrumbs salt pepper and quick pan fry done.

Posts: 448 | Registered: 27 September 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of rinn69
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the suggestions. I didn't realize there wasn't a gamey taste to wild turkey, but now I know. I guess the KISS concept works with turkey too.

Posts: 3 | Location: Wichita Falls TX | Registered: 17 March 2012Reply With Quote