New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite Safari breakfast
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Saw the leg bones into one inch donuts, salt and pepper and grill, spred the marrow on fresh bread of just eat the marrow..Hard to beat..

Grill game liver black over an open fire, along with the short gut cooked crisp..An old world African dish and its great..

Best of all is Ox tail soup by Pierre Van Tonders dear wife Analee, its out of this world in a soup form or stew form, makes no difference..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41758 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Love Ox Tail soup, but never had it for breakfast. The marrow bones and liver sounds great.

Posts: 9951 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Food wasn't a high priority when I hunted Africa. (Not a priority when I hunt anywhere. I'm single-minded when I hunt.) For breakfast, give me a few pieces of rusk and something to wash it down, and let's load-up.

Posts: 13760 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anything but mealie meal.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Impala liver and scrambled eggs!

Posts: 41762 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I like the traditional breakfast when it's available. However, I have often had nothing more than a scone and some 'leopard piss' (watered down Gatorade) before going out. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
In Zim, two big helpings of Sudsa, with peanut butter and honey stirred in. Just fabulous. I could eat this every morning forever and easily skip lunch. It keeps me going all day. Oh, and coffee. Lots of piping hot coffee.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 1992 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13760 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Never liked sudsa!

For me, a hard boiled egg, or fried egg on toast.

One coffee one tea and I am set for the rest of the day!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66751 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Tamatiesmoor/shebo or sheba makes 'stywe pap' worthwhile. Basically an Afrikander relish with coriander, tomatoes, red onion and brown sugar. Had some at WIMPY with peri-peri chicken and had to find a recipe on-line. With fried egg and grits back in Texas, it's something to look forward to. Ooops! Forgot the African birds-eye chillis / chili arbol, curry powder and some herbs, olive oil, white wine.

Even the kids in RSA add sugar, grated cheese or whatever just like with grits. Our "sadza."

Posts: 4848 | Location: Clute, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sadza, hell that's nothing but white grits! Eat that all the time. Here in the Southern US grits are a staple starch. My favorite way to enjoy them at breakfast is to make a stew of them. Cook the grits according to directions with salted water and butter. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and perhaps chili flakes. Add browned cured meats of preference. Then scramble eggs and add those along with fried potato cubes. Lastly toast bread cube it and add to the mix. Serve in a bowl with a spoon and plenty of good coffee.

Posts: 3652 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mango. Breakfast must include mango. Fried eggs are great. Couple of cups of tea, that usually starts in the tent before breakfast.

Posts: 9951 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote