New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cookshack SM-25 Electric Smoker
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I've been using a Cookshack electric smoker for years here in the States. A few years ago I switched to the SM-25 from the analogue controller to the digital controller and couldn't be happier. I tried a Bradley biscuit smoker but was not as happy with the results when compared to the Cookshack.

Now it is time to purchase three electric smokers for our restaurant and want to stick with electric. I'm not interested in a proprietary pellet or biscuit smoker as it will be used in Namibia. Fortunately we have both Leadwood and Mopani wood which makes for excellent smoking but pellets and biscuits are not available.

So the question is - is there any other electric smoker to consider other than Cookshack?

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Iv'e had my Cookshack smoker for over 25 years,
and I wouldn't trade it for anything. It's a hell of a cooker!

Posts: 558 | Location: texas | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the feedback.

I know a few competition BBQ cookers out of Memphis who all say the same thing. I am not looking to change unless there is something competitive to consider before buying.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Those Cookshacks look like really fine units.
I, too, messed with a Bradley and gave it away.
Got several good years out of a Traeger pellet grill, but that's no bueno for Namibia, obviously.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16306 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cookshacks are hard to beat. Been using one 16 years or so with no problems.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cookshack all the way. I wouldn't take for mine.

How are you gonna get them to Namibia?

Posts: 41762 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, the good news is the Cookshack smokers arrived and cleared Customs. The bad news is, I'm not there.

The guys are going to start smoking an Eland loin and rump tomorrow.

Shiiiiiiiiit

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
Well, the good news is the Cookshack smokers arrived and cleared Customs. The bad news is, I'm not there.

The guys are going to start smoking an Eland loin and rump tomorrow.

Shiiiiiiiiit

They will get them good and seasoned for when you get back.......take a few bottles of Head Country barbeque sauce and blow their minds!

Posts: 41762 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Damn, that sounds sooooooooo good! tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The bastards are enjoying the hell out of the Cookshack.

They have already used up all my Montreal Season. Will have to send another Conex box. Unfortunately they can't return the favor.

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I like your byline comment Opus. I saw a cartoon recently where this little black kid is riding his bike + then sticks a broom handle in his own front spokes + of course goes ass over teacup. gets up + says "Damn Trump".

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Norman it is just a sign of the times. Folks in this country want to politicize everything no matter what the subject matter. I believe it learned behavior after watching the abysmal performance of our mass media. Baseless accusations suddenly become fact and groupthink. Strange times.

Anyhow back to cooking, the last thing I installed in our new kitchen was a wood fired pizza oven from SA. My chief mechanic and now pizza chef is a retired honest to God Italian Ferrari mechanic. A fascinating gentlemen, but as you can imagine, he cooks an amazing pizza and all things Italian. So the latest is a smoked Eland, mushroom and fresh basil pizza.

The guys are killing me...