New
Find
Notify
Tools

Seasonal Libations
 Login/Join

<mod 12>
posted
Anybody have a favorite winter adult beverage they'd like to share with us? This is a hot buttered rum drink we had of a cold, snowy night after elk hunting in the high country of the Naches in WA.

HOT BUTTERED RUM BATTER

1 lb. brown sugar
1/2 lb. butter
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp. each nutmeg, cinnamon & cloves

With rotary beater beat sugar and softened butter until smooth and creamy. �Add spices and mix well. �Use one heaping teaspoonful of batter with a jigger of rum (or more). �Add boiling water. �Cheers!

We served these up in our coffee cups.

<'Trapper'>
posted
My old favorite is still a good hot whiskey:
Take a large mug, add a healthy shot of good whiskey (I like Bushmill's) and 1 tsp of sugar, stir well to dissolve the sugar and add a slice of lemon studded with whole cloves - about 5 or 6. Now pour the mug full of scalding hot water, put another log on the fire and set back and relax. The world will get better. Have four or three and the world will go away!
"Shoot straight, shoot safe and shoot a lot!"
Regards,

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nothing fancy for me but this works as well in Janurary as June. Three fingers of Jack Daniels and ice.

Posts: 536 | Location: Mid Michigan | Registered: 02 January 2001Reply With Quote
<Fuzz>
posted
Tom and Jerry [Smile] Fuzz

one of us
posted Hide Post
try this home made irish cream,start with 1 cup of wiskey,1 can eagle brand canned cream ,3 to 4 eggs,1 teaspoon vanilla extract,and about 3 to 4 table spoons of chocolate syrup,mix in a blender until mixed well chill and enjoy,this drink goes over big with the ladies, MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERY ONE!!

Posts: 262 | Location: pa | Registered: 09 June 2002Reply With Quote