THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM RECIPES FOR HUNTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Recipes for Hunters    What's Everybody Cooking This Weekend?

Moderators: Ninja Hunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's Everybody Cooking This Weekend?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am going to make a massive carbon footprint this weekend just to piss off Greta Thunberg. My favorite meat purveyor finally came though with a brisket worthy of smoking. So it goes on the fire Saturday morning. Then the usual lamb choppies with Greek rub and the GF wants more smoked Salmon.

Not sure what the rest of the crew is planning but it will be a weekend full of smoking, grilling, and adult beverages.

Hope you guys have something to offer up for the grilling gods. Must keep them happy. beer

Make The Arctic Green Again!

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brisket on for one hour and one beer gave up its life for the cause. Going to be a fun day. beer

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Grilling on the pit is always a plus + if its pisses off
Greta then that's worth an extra 2 points. (HOW DARE YOU!) Big Grin

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Greta would be horrified if she saw how much CO2 we produced yesterday and today. We plan on a lot more production tomorrow too.

Had a pulled rib sandwich with horseradish slaw on a sourdough bun. Life doesn't get much better...

Happy flames to everyone. beer

Make The Arctic Green Again! Sorry Greta...

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
rotflmo tu2

one of us
posted Hide Post
I grilled bacon wrapped venison tenderloins last night.

Grilling scallops and stuffed clams for tonight.

Grilling lamb tomorrow.

Posts: 472 | Location: Denton, Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds awesome....

How do you cook your lamb and what cut?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wagu Dino Ribs,BBQ Beans, Potato Salad,Key Lime Pie, and all the cold beer we can drink! Have a great day...

Posts: 558 | Location: texas | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
Sounds awesome....

How do you cook your lamb and what cut?

I'll cook them on the grill. They're bone-in rib chops, so they're pretty small but flavorful.

The seasoning is pretty simple. I rub them with coarse salt and pepper on both sides. I then brush them with a mix of garlic, fresh rosemary and olive oil. I put the olive oil rosemary and garlic in a food processor and pulse it a few times to make a slurry that can be brushed.

Serve with peas with mint.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's exactly what I do. Hard to beat!

tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbogobutch:
Wagu Dino Ribs,BBQ Beans, Potato Salad,Key Lime Pie, and all the cold beer we can drink! Have a great day...

Sounds great, especially the beer...

One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
We grilled bone in ribeye and Texas Gulf Coast shrimp with grilled zuccini and arugula salad. But, we also made a venison, quail and pheasant game pie to hold us over between grilling. Big Grin

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Perfect!!

Posts: 558 | Location: texas | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:
We grilled bone in ribeye and Texas Gulf Coast shrimp with grilled zuccini and arugula salad. But, we also made a venison, quail and pheasant game pie to hold us over between grilling.

Damn, that sounds like heaven! tu2 tu2 tu2 But, so does Wagu dino ribs! tu2

one of us
posted Hide Post
Opus1, our lamb chops came out every bit as well as I was salivating for. They were cooked perfectly between rare and medium, on the side
of rare. The flavor and tenderness was perfect!

They were served with minted peas, salad with an olive oil vinaigrette, baby gold potatoes and a perfect Texas Becker Vineyards Cabernet. One of the best meals I've made in months! It was a perfect holiday grilling weekend!

BTW: FY Greta whatever your name is!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If Greta saw what we all did this weekend she would lead a riot. Of course her carbon foot print to get here would equal or exceed our carbon just to tell us how to live our lives.

So there is great satisfaction to burn at least a hundred pounds of charcoal a week.

Turn Polar Bears Into Vegetarians, Grill a Seal.

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Several years ago we had a bunch of hippie vegetarians move in down the road. They were going to turn their dogs into vegetarians too (or so they thought). They kept all the animals penned together; the goats with the dogs, until one night the dogs ate all the goats. I still find that amusing.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote