Picture of boarkiller
posted
Three cups of unbleached flour
One cup of dark flour
Handful of salt
Handful of sesame seeds
You can add any chopped nuts
Mix it
Add risen yeast, warm water, little bit of buttermilk, couple of egg yolk ( farm raised for color )
Mix it all, knead it some and put in bowl and let rise for couple of hours in warm oven
Take it out, knead it again with some flour so it doesn't stick, make couple of loaves and let it sit for 10 min while you heat oven on 550-600 F

Put cream of wheat on stone and loaves on top of it and slap it in the oven
10-12 min later turn the oven down to 390 F and keep baking it for another 45 min
Done
Hell I live on this here in MT besides butter and my home made jams

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It sounds great - I'll try it!

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Any trouble, call me
You can put any ingredients into it for flavor

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.

“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Will do ~ I'm loving the way this sounds ~

quote:
One cup of dark flour

Rye or whole wheat?

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Either will do

“ Hávamál”

one of us
posted Hide Post
tu2

one of us
posted Hide Post
Cream of wheat ? I assume uncooked ?
Color in yolks ? At one location I was buying eggs from a fellow who raised the chickens on mostly yellow corn.The yolks were brilliant orange !! Big Grin
Flour additions mean lesser gluton in the bread so 10 % I would try first. Rye, oat flour,buckwheat flour can be added. Also try a boiled mashed potato which will also make a more moist bread. Bread is great for experiments. Smiler
Why don't we have a cooking smiley ?

one of us
posted Hide Post
stir

one of us
posted Hide Post
Oh yes ! forgot that one .I was busy cooking a delicious red deer steak !! Just broiled , nothing on it .

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Mete, I even put beer in on occasion ( good yeast add on )
And you're right, steak sounds about right

“ Hávamál”