Find
Notify
Tools

Rotel
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted
since I mentioned it in a recipe for another AR poster, several have asked about it.... available at our local grocers, its a mixture of tomatoes and peppers... kinda like a thin picante sauce... available in several different varieties, chili, regular, hot... it make making queso easy... melt velveeta and rotel in a deep pyrex bowl in the microvave...add cooked breakfast sausage if you like... makes a great cold weather dip with fritos or doritos... add it to ground beef and make chili the easy way... some people are purists and only use fresh veggies. I'm all for the easy way, and I like the flavor...

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2826 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hell, I am amazed that Rotel is being asked about, a staple in Texas grocery stores and Texas cooking. That's why jimatcat didn't elaborate on it. Everyone in Texas knows about Rotel. Often on sale for 99 cents a can or so. Good stuff. Needs some more heat, add some hot peppers.

I was going to say I would be glad to send some to our deprived non-Texan friends, but I'm sure you can buy it here, and either pick it up or have it shipped, cheaper than I can do it.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ro-T...-oz-6-count/36618363

Note that there is a 28 oz can of Rotel, but usually the 10 oz is more convenient.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
in one of the previos posts, one of the guys asked for a recipe for "cowboy chicken"... in my recipe, I use rotel... another AR poster said he had to google rotel to find what it was... and he's on the left coast... so I explained...I buy the stuff by the case... not much I cook that doesn't get a can dumped in it....

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2826 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the clarity, Tejanos!

beer

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16352 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Since I mentioned ordering Rotel from Walmart's I was going to say you might as well order a case of London Pub Steak and Chop Sauce Original (one of my absolute favorite steak sauces) while you were at it. Walmart's USED to have a good price at about $37.50/case of 12 not too long ago, but NOW they are up to $54.50/12 which I think is waay too high. I'd look for it in grocery stores instead. For that matter, everyone's tastes are different when it comes to sauces, you might not like it as much as I do.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Ordered an eight-pack off Amazon for $16 shipped. Will make cowboy chicken and report!

Cool

– John Green, author

Posts: 16352 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think you'll enjoy it. Unless Walmart shipping charges are substantially higher to Oregon (free if you buy $50 of stuff), then I can buy 12 cans delivered to my home for $16.70. Just pointing this out after Rotel becomes a staple in your cooking. Wink

xxxxxxxxxx

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Aw, shucks, Charlie, thanks for looking out for me.

hilbily

– John Green, author

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Got my RO*TEL today. Cowboy chicken-stuffed burritos for dinner tomorrow.

Cool

– John Green, author

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Bill,you're gonna love it! I use it in almost everything I cook. Just as an aside,my girlfriend is a singer/actress that used to play in the Austin band Ro-Tel + the Hot Tomatoes.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
6 different versions of RO'TEL available here in Middle TN.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4227 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can't think of much that I cook that doesn't have ROTEL unless the garden is kicking and I have fresh 'maters and peppers and then I use those.

Posts: 1351 | Location: CO born, but in Athens, TX now. | Registered: 03 January 2014Reply With Quote