New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oyster Rockefellar
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I once worked as a busboy at a fancy sea food restaurant.I remember the tastiest thing in that place was their oyster Rockefellars.It has been over 30 years since then and I just feel like eating them again.It was a very good restaurant that packed in on all nights of the week in the early eighties.The original chef was born in Montreal and attended university to become a chef.I think we once had Jane Fonda and Omar Sharif as clients.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jane Fonda ?? No wonder you're strange !! cuckoo

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mete:
Jane Fonda ?? No wonder you're strange !! cuckoo

yeah I don`t have a small mind like you.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
First you get some oysters....... Big Grin

Great dish, BTW. Yummm.

A quick google seach suggests that the Montreal restaurant, "Maestro SVP" might be good start for them.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Didnt we do this about 10 yrs ago when i got Rockefellers recipes from local New Orleans restaurants except for Galatoire's?

Posts: 877 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don`t remember but I would like to try the recipe.
Gatogordo,I am not much of a restaurant guy and the prices they charge is ridiculous.If I want to eat good food I eat at my moms house.The seafood restaurant I worked at was Aux Mouettes.I believe that the best food is made by chefs who are 100 percent chefs.They don`t own the restaurant and occupy themselves with nothing but making good food.

one of us
posted Hide Post
The delicious oysters I remember had the thickness and wavy lines of these [URL= ]OR[/URL]
and the color of these [URL= ]or[/URL]

one of us
posted Hide Post
I wonder if there is any good Oyster Rockefeller in vegas?

one of us
posted Hide Post
It's highly unlikely you will find any laying around on the streets in Las Vegas and since you don't like the high prices of restaurants, you'll be SOL. Big Grin

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In that case when I am in vegas for the SCI show I will visit Subway again.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
how appropriate. at least you be expected to tip there

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13139 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I "like" Oysters Rockefeller, but I "love" Oysters Kilpatrick.

http://australian.food.com/rec...rs-kilpatrick-138313

http://www.taste.com.au/recipe...0/oysters+kilpatrick

I've got fond memories of walking from the office in West Perth over to Black Tom's and kick-back with friends for a few beers and a few dozen Kilpatricks. They know how to slow down and enjoy life in Perth.

Posts: 13772 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I saw the menu of that restaurant gatorogo gave a link to and two oysters for ten bucks is robbery.I am tired of being robbed so I will stay away.When I worked at aux mouettes the huge fishermans platter- assiette de pecheur cost 25 bucks and that included a half lobster,clams,scampies,and oysters and what else.When we had the annual lobster or oyster festivals it cost 25 bucks for all you can eat.I once thought about spending half of my salary to eat there.Come to think of it the second best thing where the scallops-something everyone should try.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
so you think a place you worked at in the early 80's( 40+ years ago!!) is still charging $25 for a seafood platter, assuming it still exists???

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13139 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
so you think a place you worked at in the early 80's( 40+ years ago!!) is still charging $25 for a seafood platter, assuming it still exists???

The 80s were 30+ years ago not 40. Leave him alone and stop being a dick, he's making useful posts unlike you. You're going out of your way to act like a prick.

one of us
Picture of Avatar
posted Hide Post
Damn straight Kensco!
A couple of dozen oysters "killed" followed up with a few beers.
There's nothing better. Nothing!

quote:
Originally posted by Kensco:
I "like" Oysters Rockefeller, but I "love" Oysters Kilpatrick.

http://australian.food.com/rec...rs-kilpatrick-138313

http://www.taste.com.au/recipe...0/oysters+kilpatrick

I've got fond memories of walking from the office in West Perth over to Black Tom's and kick-back with friends for a few beers and a few dozen Kilpatricks. They know how to slow down and enjoy life in Perth.

Posts: 408 | Location: The Valley, South Australia | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote