New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hog Balls
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I don't know anything about how they are cooked. Can only vouch for the results. Got a jar full on my recent hog hunt. Must have been slow-cooked. Fork tender. I have only a half jar full now. Put on rice, on a bun, in with beans. I haven't found a way they DON'T work. Tastes more or less like roast beef.

Posts: 13772 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glad you enjoy them. No thanks. I can't even stomach calf balls and I know everyone likes them.

Posts: 9994 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Interesting side note.

I bit into a No. 7 1/2 shot pellet during lunch yesterday while eating a Hog Ball Burrito. Not sure who tried to dust him with a blast of bird shot, but I'm sure getting hit in the balls must have been no fun. I doubt it had much effect on him other than to shift him to a higher gear and piss him off.

Posts: 13772 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I've had Eland testicles and they were great! tu2 Come on guys! rotflmo

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Ask Linda Lovelace!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66908 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Many years ago I took the family down to the roping arena where we went to BBQs + "fries" Now the fries were when all the ranchers got together + did their cutting + put all the calf nuts in ice chests until that evening when we got together. Battered in cornmeal w/ salt + pepper + deep fried in a huge cauldron. My youngest son who was about 7 at the time came over + whispered to me, "Dad, what are we eating?" I told him Mountain oysters + he heaved an air of relief, he said: "Good, Jake (his older brother) said we were eating bull nuts."

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
rotflmo tu2

One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
I can cut em out. I can eat them. But not both on the same day.

Posts: 3452 | Registered: 27 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's how I am with butchering chickens. When I get that smell after putting the hot water on them I can't stand to look at a chicken until the next day.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
the best way to eat Mountain OYsters is at the branding fire, toss a fresh nut into the coals and when it pops oper with the white meat, salt and pepper them and eat a meal fit for a king, just shuck the white meat out off the skin and eat that part, not the skin or silverskin..I love them fresh..beats deep fried or roasted, whatever..

I dunno, maybe being raised on a cattle ranch and developing a taste for them has something to do with it..Never ate pig balls or any testis except cattle and only calf balls at that, probably never will.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41814 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's good to develop an appetite for good things when you are young + have not had the chance to have prejudices set in about something you never tried.