Find
Notify
Tools

Tas?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted
Has anyone heard from Tas? I always appreciated his recipes + photo blow by blow of progression. Very entertaining + useful in a way that I would never attempt. Maybe. But he did it on a daily basis.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
He may have left owing to participation in the danged political forum, Randy.
I miss his recipes as well.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16365 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
He's active on facebook. He is busy traveling around Montana, etc and doing plenty of home brewing. I see his photos all the time.

~Ann

Posts: 19149 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Good to know, Ann. I checked over at the Foods of the World forum and didn't spot recent activity, but then I didn't look very thoroughly. Glad Ron is all right.
Thinking about it, it has been far too long since I cooked up a batch of his Haluśky. His Transylvanian goulash is also outstanding.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16365 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
Good to know, Ann. I checked over at the Foods of the World forum and didn't spot recent activity, but then I didn't look very thoroughly. Glad Ron is all right.
Thinking about it, it has been far too long since I cooked up a batch of his Haluśky. His Transylvanian goulash is also outstanding.

I used to do the chicken paprikash at Halloween time which was an event on his Foods forums. I have not been on the site in quite awhile.

~Ann

Posts: 19149 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Yes, I wished that Ron was still a regular poster here. His incredible posts are what got me interested in the Recipes for Hunters forum many years ago.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, I can certainly understand his getting P.O. ed on the P.F. That's why I hardly ever go there but his recipes + photos were always a joy.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
BTW- Ron said he was banned from AR a while back.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Most likely for P.F. comments, I suppose. It certainly was not for anything negative in his recipes.

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I stay away from the Political Crater because it seems to only bring trouble. It has become an addiction to many. Nothing but ongoing hate, disrespect, contention, personal name calling. . . . . . . . . . . . I don't want or need any of that. Each to their own, however. Sorry about Ron getting banned from AR. He made so many valuable contributions to the Recipes for Hunters forum.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, he did + that is why I try to never go there.

one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Why ar people like moths drawn to the flames of any political forum
Deep down those elected are all or become Damned politicians.

I miss his recipes also.
Some I enjoyed eating others I only read.

Would be nice to see his posts once again, will have to go to a smaller site he (we) used to haunt and look at his recipes there..

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4227 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote