Bacon fat
Cajun seasoning
Yellow grits
Biscuits(canned will work)
Eggs
Water
Salt and Pepper
Salted butter

Dust cube steaks with Cajun Seasoning the night before. Coat in flour and brown steaks in bacon fat. Set aside. Cook yellow grits and season with salt and pepper. Add butter. Cover and hold on low temp. Add flour to pan drippings and make a medium roux. Then add water to make a gravy. Return meat to gravy, cover and simmer 15-20 min. Bake biscuits while meat simmers. Plate grits, place meat and gravy on top, then crown with an egg over easy. Serve with biscuits, butter, honey, and plenty of coffee.

Posts: 3666 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sounds mighty fine to me, when will you have it ready? Wink

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would love that any morning ~ tu2

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Canned biscuits never work. Need some white sausage or dried beef gravy as well.

Posts: 9994 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, there is a lot of truth in that, but canned biscuits are better than no biscuits IMO. Smiler

In actuality, the member tasked with biscuit duty made a late nite hit at Bojangles and brought a dozen that we re-heated!

quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
Canned biscuits never work. Need some white sausage or dried beef gravy as well.

Posts: 3666 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quality canned biscuits are quite often better than those made by "camp" biscuit makers and, for that matter, better than many homemade biscuits. Everybody ain't Aunt Jemima. Wink

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bob and Gato have a point. I'll go with biscuits the way mamma made 'em.

Posts: 9994 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote