THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM RECIPES FOR HUNTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Recipes for Hunters    FedEx Just Delivered Two Boston Butts From Memphis

Moderators: Ninja Hunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FedEx Just Delivered Two Boston Butts From Memphis
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Guess what I'm doing this weekend...

Cool

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
What a glorious way to spend a weekend + be immersed in that smell from Heaven!

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
At 6am the pigs are on the smoke...

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM!!!! tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did the full Memphis treatment - started with The Rendezvous dry rub and finished with Corkey's Hot BBQ Sauce. The GF finished her horseradish coleslaw and brioche buns.

The beer is iced down and the gang is arriving. Game on. beer

one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Horseradish coleslaw.

That sounds INTERESTING!
Tell us more.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4227 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It does. Sounds like it gives it a bit of a bite above regular coleslaw.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry, long night as there is nothing left - no pork, no buns, no slaw, no beer, and now no breakfast.

Anyhow, as my GF does not measure anything (Italians Roll Eyes) the following is from the original recipe she uses. So interpret accordingly:
    1½ Cups of Dukes Mayonnaise
    1 Tablespoon White Vinegar
    2 Tablespoons Sugar
    ½ Tablespoon Lemon
    1½ Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
    ½ Tablespoon Celery Seed
    ½ Tablespoon Salt and Pepper
    Finely Grated Horseradish Root To Taste - The finer you grate, the hotter it gets.

1 Large Head of Cabbage
    1½ Cups Sliced or Coarsely Grated Carrot
    ½ Cup White or Green Onion

There is a difference between bottled ground horseradish and finely grated horseradish root - the latter is considerably hotter.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing that slaw recipe; sorry about your lack of breakfast. Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
After a long night few things are better than a BBQ sandwich for breakfast.

I still do not know how we made almost 10 pounds of pork disappear. Me thinks theft was involved. Frowner

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That just means that your cooking was right on.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I blame it on the beer...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bless You Boy's! Carry on!

Posts: 143 | Location: mid-michigan | Registered: 04 May 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Thanks, going to have to try that one.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4227 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What? Beer or cooking?

Both are pretty easy. Especially if you start with the beer.

tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have always felt that the beer was a prerequisite.

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Life just goes better with barbecued pork, doesn't it? We would all be happier people if we did this more often.

hilbily

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16350 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a friend that married a Filipino woman (actually the whole family, although he didn't know it at the time). He recently came over to borrow my welder to build a large rotary spit arrangement to do a whole hog Filipino fashion. I didn't attend the function but got some pork the next day. It was very good.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have a friend that married a Filipino woman (actually the whole family, although he didn't know it at the time).

A true statement for sure! Big Grin I have a friend who is in the same boat. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is all way too true. John now has the entire clan living in his house + of course none of them drive. He has taken to working out of town, A LOT!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
rotflmo Since we're waaaaay offf topic and have highjacked the thread, let me just say that I did a lot of legal work for the local Filipino community for a year or so, many years ago. Whenever one of them had a real estate or business deal going that would make them some good money, every Filipino known to mankind had to have some sort of percentage take in the deal, for doing this or that, all allegedly related to the real estate or business deal. Usually relatives, so the original individual made very little off of the deal. And then the whining about legal fees. . . . . . Help me please, Atoooorney! Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, we have strayed from the original topic; sorry. It seems to happen frequently. Reminds me of that parlor game we played years ago called "Rumors". You get a whole line of people, the 1st whispers something in the next's ear + the comment goes down the line. The last person then says what was said + it's amazing how far off the end comment was from the beginning. You get the point.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep, and it happens often with most of the threads here on AR. Big Grin rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
True that + I freely agree to be an active member as the discussions can be interesting + who know where ones go from one subject to another in correlating interests? I find it interesting as a conversation area, but I try not to interject comments on the classified column. Other than positive comments on the gun sales performance, I give no negatives on anything a member wants to sell.

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
We prolly need a separate "whole hog" discussion. I have only done it once, using the Three Guys From Miami Cuban Christmas pig method. Dear God, that was some wonderful eating -- for days.

Cool

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16350 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Whole hog is pretty typical in North Carolina. Not that difficult, but I always get better meat cooking ribs and shoulder separately.

This weekend is a packer Black Angus brisket. Sorry pigs...

Trimming a brisket - https://www.youtube.com/watch?...b_channel=ButcherBBQ

The flat goes on the charcoal smoker and the point goes into the Cookshack.

One of Us
Picture of SpicyCrabDip
posted Hide Post
Congrats! I'm actually smoking a whole butt next weekend. Hoping mine turns out great. Last hog I cooked, I spit turned it over hot coals and mopped the thing for 6 hours... Had a bunch of friends come over to help (with plenty of liquor to go along with it)