Find
Notify
Tools

Tartare
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted
sorry no recipes. We stopped in at the brewery for a beer then went to the German restaurant for Steak tartare and warsteiner and then the deli next door.

http://www.finbackbrewery.com/

Schinkenbrot rye bread
Landjaeger
bierwurst
8 - foot long hot dogs.
Horseradish mustard

Posts: 6350 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks good, but they forgot to cook the meat.

Posts: 273 | Location: Northern MN | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tartare is okay, but I basically eat it every time I eat a good steak. I'm really not all that fond of most tartare because of the spicing. Like I said, for my tastes, okay, but a good extra rare steak beats it everytime.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
I never eat raw meat - bad juju.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
Tartare is okay, but I basically eat it every time I eat a good steak. I'm really not all that fond of most tartare because of the spicing. Like I said, for my tastes, okay, but a good extra rare steak beats it everytime.

I always order mine black and blue- like the burnt crisp. Only problem of course is no juice, which sucks in a steakhouse. But when I'm home I take mine off first then pile the rest on top of my plate when they rest. That leaves a puddle of juice just waitin to be sopped up by a piece of bread.

I always enjoyed tartare as a kid and still do, but I agree can be overly spiced.

Now carpaccio....that is where it's at baby.

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1428 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
i could have sworn one reason the cavemen liked fire was because they could now cook their food. some things i eat raw but it isn't domestic animals.....

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13096 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote