Find
Notify
Tools

mec 600 jr. sizing problem
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted
new to me mec, came without instructions. It will size low or med brass with out any problem.
but when I size high brass the case gets stuck in the sizing ring.
Tried polishing the sizing ring and using some lube on the brass also tried to adjust the die to only partial resize but it still sticks.so bad that I have to remove the ring and drive the case out with a doll rod. any comments or suggestions?

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd contact MEC. In a minute or less they can probably tell you what the problem is.
Have them send you a manual for your press. I've loaded a bunch of shells on MEC's(410, 28, 20 and 12ga) and never had any problems.

Stepchild

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1326 | Location: glennie, mi. USA | Registered: 14 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
thanks, I found a manual on line but it didnt go into any troubleshooting.
Ill give mec a call and see if they will help.
Dave

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hivelosity:
new to me mec, came without instructions. It will size low or med brass with out any problem.
but when I size high brass the case gets stuck in the sizing ring.
Tried polishing the sizing ring and using some lube on the brass also tried to adjust the die to only partial resize but it still sticks.so bad that I have to remove the ring and drive the case out with a doll rod. any comments or suggestions?
I started with a MEC 600 then moved up to a 650 but for sizing brass I bought a MEC Super Sizer for 12g,sold them I bought a Pacific DL366 12g progressive loader because my son & I were shooting 12g loads Wed nites plus Sat & Sun .I located a used Mec Super Sizer on ebay & bought it do all of my 12g brass bases to speed up reloading.As little as I shoot I could do it all with a Mec 650.

one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
homerjust trying to figure out why this pres will not do high brass.
It belongs to my nephew, i lent him my sizemaster and now he wont give it back. HAHA clap

posted Hide Post
To resize high brass hulls on the 600JR you have to change the bolt on the decapping rod. You should have two and you need to use the longer one. If you don't have two contact MEC to get the proper one.

I hope this will help you.

Good Shooting
George

one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
thanks George, I tried that and it still sticks.
Dave

one of us
posted Hide Post
I size high brass all the time on mine. It sounds like you need to do a bit more ajustment on the rod abd sizing die.

Posts: 19317 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote