Notify
Tools

16 gauge pumpkin ball loads
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
OK, here is what I am starting with:
Magtech 16 gauge brass shell, 2 1/2 inch; CCI 300 large pistol primer; 80 grains Goex FFG; 14-gauge Circle Fly overpowder card wad; Circle Fly 14 gauge 1/2-inch fiber cushion wad squirted with Ballistol; .650 round ball from a Jeff Tanner mold patched with Ox-Yoke lubed round ball patch; 13-gauge overshot card, glued in with Duco Cement.
Hope to give these a try here before long. If they regulate from my Belgian hammer double with cylinder chokes, I might just have a close-range deer outfit.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16303 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drhall762
posted Hide Post
Looks interesting. Is this load within the limits of Damascus steel barrels proofed for BP?

Keep us posted.

Dave

In 100 years who of us will care?
An armed society is a polite society!
Just because they say you are paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you.

Posts: 899 | Location: Ammon, NC | Registered: 31 December 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Dave, should be pretty safe even for Damascus, as it is just under three drams. My barrels are steel.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16303 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill,

Most double shotguns tend to cross badly when shooting slugs or ball. Hope it works for you. That combination should hammer deer or elk out to at least 100 yards. At the ranges that deer and elk are shot on the West side where you live you may powder burn them so crossing might not be too much of a problem.

Good luck and post pictures.

Posts: 231 | Location: Central Oregon | Registered: 08 September 2006Reply With Quote